(6) Back At It Again With The Baseball Bat

There is this feeling that you get when you wake up somewhere that isn't familiar. It's a feeling of alertness because you aren't sure of your surroundings, but it is also a groggy feeling. You wake up and everything feels... blurry. Sounds seem to be muffled, not in the literal sense but in the sense that the mind isn't quite able to process it all. It takes longer for your eyes to adjust and there is a delay to your sense of smell. You take longer to compose yourself and nervousness licks at your bones. Overall, it is a very unpleasant feeling .

And Stiles had experienced it several times in the last... well he really didn't understand how time worked in different realms. It could have been days, it could have been maybe an hour or two, he was not sure.

But Stiles was sure of one thing; he hated the feeling of waking up in an unfamiliar place. He felt like crap afterwards and his nerves would always be on edge.

Because of all this, is is safe to say that Stiles was pleasantly surprised when he woke up for the fourth time since leaving the Safe Haven, laying across the front seats of his old, beat-up blue jeep.

He grabbed the steering wheel and hoisted himself into the driver's seat

He grabbed the steering wheel and hoisted himself into the driver's seat. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel and wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

"Oh, Roscoe, baby..." his choked out. "Oh, how I have missed you."

In that moment, he was so glad the Ghost Riders had taken him from his car and not somewhere else, since he realized that people had to be returned to where they first went missing.

Stiles fumbled around, searching for his keys.

Dammit, he thought. I must have lost them before the Riders got to me.

He quickly turned in his seat and flailed about, trying to get his toolbox out from under the backseat. After shifting through it for a minute, he pulled out a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. Luckily, he had some experience with starting his car without his keys and was able to get the engine going within another two minutes.

Stiles peeled out of the school parking lot as fast as he could, deciding that the best place for him to find the others would be the McCall household. His mind was going a million miles an hour and all he could do was wish that his jeep could too.

Once he made it to Scott's house, Stiles jumped out of the car and ran around to the gate leading to the back door. He knew that they never bothered to lock the door from the backyard to the laundry room so he quickly hopped their fence and hurried to the door.

On his way through the backyard, Stiles accidentally stepped on Melissa's gerbera daisies and winced a little; she was totally going to chew him out for that later on.

Stiles opened the door and entered the laundry room, running to the other end of the small quarters and flinging open the door that led into the kitchen.