(9) The Not-So-Secret Life of Stiles Stilinski

To say that the pack was confused when Stiles burst in and started rambling on about something would be an understatement.

They weren't confused on how he got in (everyone knew he had a key to everywhere), but they were wondering why on earth he was talking to himself like a crazy person. Everyone was concerned but Scott was the first to say something:

"Stiles? I thought you were going home to res-" he started but Stiles didn't bother to let him finish before he went to explain himself.

"I did, I mean... I was going to. I got home but then I found this letter and I had to come-" Stiles spewed out more quickly than any of those in the room could process before Melissa put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Stiles, sweetie, you need to calm down. Are you feeling alright?" she asked as she put her hand on his forehead. "You don't feel like you have a fever... what's going on with you? What letter?"

He looked into Melissa's eyes; the woman who was like his second mother. She sounded so calm that Stiles began to calm down as well. He took a deep breath and tried to clear his mind. He just found out his friends might not be dead but rambling like a lunatic wasn't going to get him anywhere.

"I, uh..." Stiles wasn't sure where to start but then he made eye contact with Scott and realized he was making something complicated when it was so entirely... simple. "Well, I... I think I need to start at the beginning."

"Does this have to do with what you told me?"

Stiles looked over to where Scott stood behind the couch. As he made eye contact with the werewolf, he gave a nervous but firm nod.

"What are you guys talking about?" Malia asked as Stiles sat down in an empty chair.

Stiles could see so many faces that he hadn't seen in a very long time. On the couch was Corey and Mason, along with Hayden. Liam sat on the arm of the couch and was holding her hand. Against the wall near the back was Theo (who Stiles wasn't exactly excited to see) and he leaned closer to the exit, obviously not believing he was welcome. Peter sat in a chair with his arms crossed and a bored expression upon his face. Malia was near the couch where the younger ones sat and Lydia stood at the fireplace with Parrish who had an arm around her shoulder. The only other ones in the room were Scott (who was behind the couch), Melissa and Chris Argent. The two adults stood near the doorway to the kitchen and Stiles didn't fail to notice that they had less space between them than he expected. Stiles tried not to jump to conclusions but he could tell there was something going on with them.

Stiles glanced at Malia to acknowledge her question before addressing the whole group:

"After the Wild Hunt took me, I was in this train station which some of you have seen. While there, I found Peter," he explained as he nodded to the Hale in the room. "And so after finding a way to get him through the portal that they used, I tried to find another way out. And I couldn't find anything.

"Well, after I don't even know how long, I found a train ticket at my feet. So I picked it up and I looked at the destination. All it said was 'The Flare' and I didn't know what it meant but if it meant getting out of that station, I was willing to take the risk.

"So I waited, got on the train, and everything changed."

The room was silent as everyone tried to figure out what Stiles was saying. He took that as a sign to continue.

"I know I'm going to sound crazy, but just try and understand..." Stiles felt twitchy and nervous. He ran his hand through his hair which was longer than it was on earth 816 and bounced his leg anxiously. He laughed which made him seem slightly unstable.