(24) Hey, Look. It's Cousin Homicidal-Rage!

(Extra long chapter since Christmas just passed :) Happy belated Holidays!)

Isaac and Abbie explained the situation to Scott, only leaving out the part where she was in a coma for nearly four years. Abbie couldn't stand another person looking at her like she was crazy, and Isaac agreed that it wasn't really a need-to-know piece of information. For all they understood, there was no correlation between her alternate life and her supernatural heritage.

It was safe to say that Scott was shocked by their tale, but he was more than ready to help. Abbie realized that Isaac didn't exaggerate in his depiction of Scott at all. The True Alpha really did have the disposition of a golden retriever; happy, kind, and loyal to the end. Scott didn't even know her, but he was ready to go out of his way to help her figure out her heritage. Even with only knowing him for an hour, Abbie knew she loved Scott just as everyone else did.

"I know it can be scary not knowing anything about what you are," Scott told her, knowing the stress she felt. He was bitten by a wolf in the middle of the woods. She, on the other hand, had to find out from another that she was apparently part of the supernatural, passed own to her by family she had never even met.

"Yeah," she sighed with a troubled smile. "It's a little overwhelming, but at least I'm not a real Kitsune... I don't know what I would do then. I just want to know what this means for me."

"I can contact Mrs. Yukimura tonight and see if she can come pay you a visit in the next day or two," Scott nodded.

"We really appreciate this, Scott," Isaac smiled in relief. He knew how important this was to Abbie.

"Hey, I'm just glad to see you, man," Scott grinned, happy to finally have contact with Isaac. The Beta had dropped off the face of the planet after Allison's death, and Scott couldn't even hope for a phone call to come. Seeing Isaac in person again was more fulfilling than all his wildest dreams. They were friends, and Scott couldn't bare to lose his friend with the way things went down.

"We're planning to go see Derek tomorrow" Isaac glanced to Abbie. "Is he still in the loft downtown?"

Scott hesitated, "He still lives there, but he hasn't been in town for months."

"What? Why?"

"Hes been visiting different packs across the nation, some even outside the US," Scott explained. "But I think you might still be able to get some answers while you're here."

"How so?" Abbie leaned forward from her spot on the couch.

"Though he's not my favorite person, Peter is still in town, and he's got a lot of knowledge on the supernatural," Scott shrugged apologetically.

"Homicidal psychopath Peter?" Abbie perked up, looking between the two werewolves. "My apparently villainous cousin, Peter?"

"Yeah, that's the one," Scott sighed.

"How lovely," she muttered. While she was all for figuring out who her parents were and what lives they lead, she didn't particularly desire meeting her evil cousin. Sure, technically most of her family from her mother's side could be constituted as killers, she supposed, as most of them were werewolves. But Peter deserved his own special title as supreme psycho serial killer of the family.

"Like I said, he isn't really anyone's favorite... but he's gotten better," Scott shrugged. Wow, he could forgive just about anyone, huh?

"Did hell freeze over or something?" Isaac asked, obviously just as sceptical as Abbie--if not more so. Sure, she was related to the guy, but he was the one who had met him.