"...I just wanted to spend time with you." (Alexander Hamilton x Reader)

A/N: just a longer drabble
Pairing: Alexander Hamilton x Reader
******************************************
You slept peacefully. You couldn't have a care in the world that her husband, Alexander, was still in his office working because it was something the two of you were all too familiar with.

Alex stood over her sleeping form. He was a little pissed off you had went to bed without kissing him goodnight. He couldn't put himself to blame though since he was the one who had been working all the time.

Alex shook you until at least one of your eyes were half open. "What the hell Alex?" you asked groggily while turning to him. He smiled at you. "It's only 4:00am." He said while glancing over at the clock on the night side that was beside their bed.

"I rest my case." You said before turning away from him. He started to walk out of their room, followed by you a few seconds later.

"I'm only getting up because I can't go back to sleep now."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Alexander led her down the stairs and patted a seat for her to sit on. This made you roll her eyes.

Alexander set two bowls and lay two spoons down on the table the both of them were sitting at. His was at the seat next to you.

He opened the fridge and grabbed the milk carton inside of it. He then reached into the cabinet and grabbed to cereal boxes and shook them to get your attention.

"Cinnamon Toast or Cheerios?" Alex asked you while lifting up each box he named.

"Cinnamon." you replied lazily while looking down at the bowl in front of you

Alex grabbed the bowls from the table and started to pour the milk in before being interrupted by your laugh.

"You're putting the milk in before the cereal?"
you asked playfully. Alex turned his attention back to her with a serious look on his face.

"We've been married for a while now and you're finally noticing this?" He questioned.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The two of them ate while jumping between different conversations. Alexander talked about politics before shit talking Jefferson while you listened and nodded in agreement.

After eating and talking it was just about 5:00am before Alex spoke up again.

"Well, you're free to go!" Alex said while tapping you on the nose. She looked at him quizzically. "You woke me up just so we could eat cereal?" you asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"I just wanted to spend time with you."