Sharing the passion for the white keys/Yoongi

"So?" You asked the middle aged woman behind the tall counter impatiently.

You heard her sigh dramatically. Sensing her annoyance, a cute smile plastered across your lips to prevent her from getting angrier.

"Whatever. You can use it. But not for long. The pianist will be here in less than two hours and he will need to rehea-."

"Yes! Thank you so much miss! Don't worry, I just want to practice, I won't be long." You interrupted her and skidded to the main hallway of the hotel, leaving her behind as she was shaking her head.

Turning on the second room on your left, you entered the huge ballroom of the hotel.

It was dim as the only light came from the tall windows which were slightly covered by white curtains with gold straps. Two impressive gold chandeliers were hunging loosely from the ceiling and made the scenery fairytale-like.
There, in the right corner, just beside a big staircase, was a beautiful grand piano.

You sat on the piano stool and layed a finger on the snowy white piano keys. Pressing one, you closed your eyes hearing its sweet sound.

It was kind of refreshing, since back at home, you could only practice with an old rusty brown piano the landlord had left on your apartment. In addition, it wasn't even in tune.

Immediately, you started playing the only melody -apart from Jingle Bells- you knew how to play with the instrument. Bella's lullaby.
The music was exhilarating, and you relaxed, closing your eyes at its soothing sound.

But not even two minutes into the song, you stopped abruptly.

No, it wasn't because of the voices you heard outside of the room as you played, since they seemed to fade away. It was because of the goosebumps. The feeling you got you were being watched.

A deep but calming voice suddenly echoed in the big empty room catching you off guard.
"Don't mind me."

"Jesus!" You exclaimed in fright and you turned around to face the owner of the voice.

There, a few steps away, stood a fair haired man with his hands behind his back and an unreadable expression on his face. He was slim and he was dressed all in black making his skin and hair look even more fair.

"Am I that frightening?" He asked with a shy smile.
Unconsciously, you shook your head. He was frighteningly beautiful.

"Sorry if I scared you. But please, don't stop because of me." He spoke again with a soothing voice.

"Uh o- okay." You said awkwardly but obediently.
As you slowly turned around facing the piano, you heard his steps towards you and suddenly he was sitting beside you on the piano stool.

Taking a deep breath you tried to focus again. Not very easy anymore.

As you started playing again, trying hard to ignore his presence, you felt his piercing gaze on your face and your cheeks grew hot.

As his forearm slightly brushed yours, you made a mistake and stopped closing your eyes indignant at yourself not being able to focus properly.

"How long have you been playing?" He asked. Even though his face was challenging, his voice was shy. He didn't strike you as someone who was smiling easily.

"Almost six months."

He nodded. "You play well." You smiled sheepishly at his compliment. "It's a beautiful song. Mysterious yet calming."

Mysterious yet calming. That's an awfully good description for him.
"Nah not really, I'm still a very inexperienced beginner, since I'm self-taught. But it is, indeed. It's one of the songs that made me want to learn how to play the piano." You turned to look at him. "Do you play too?"

"Since I can remember myself." He said smiling lightly to himself.

"Oh well. I'm kind of embarrassed. You must be way better than I am."

"I don't really think that time matters in this case." He brushed his fingers along the piano keys.

"What do you mean?"

"I believe that your passion is what determines how well you play. For me, music is everything. A piano is what practically raised and matured me. As I was passing by the room, I heard your music and I instantly longed for it. I looked at you as you were playing and I saw the passion in your eyes, how immersed you were in playing and listening to such a beautiful melody. And you are self-taught!
You do play well. "

You were speechless at his words that kept repeating inside your mind. No one had ever told you something like this.
This beautiful stranger just gave you a whole new perspective on the meaning of music and passion.

"Suga hyung!" An unknown voice echoed in the room, interrupting your thoughts. "There you are! Come on, we need to leave or we gonna miss the plane."
A dark haired boy with a bunny-like smile was standing in front of the doors of the ballroom. He furrowed his eyebrows at both of you sitting on the piano bench and his expression turned into a smirk.

The boy besides you -Suga- sighed and waved him off. "I'll be there in a minute Jungkook."

The boy left and Suga stood up turning to look at you.
"I want you to promise me something." He said as he took your hand in his warm one.
Your breath hitched at the gesture.

"Promise me you'll never stop playing." His dark eyes pierced yours and you felt hot under his intense staring.

Well, never was a big word but all you could do was nod at his mesmerising eyes staring into your soul.
"I won't." You said smiling at him.

Instantly, his eyes light up and a gummy smile formed in his thin pink lips as he nodded too.

Murmuring an incoherent 'goodbye', he turned around and reached the doors in no time as you couldn't stop staring at his retreating back.

He exited the room leaving behind nothing but a blackberry scent which lingered through the air.

You never saw the boy again.

You never stopped playing piano.

Imagine Yoongi staring into your soul.

Do you guys know how to play the piano? If yes, how long have you been playing?

I hope you liked the chapter💜
Vote and comment!
》Dee🖤

I hope you liked the chapter💜Vote and comment!》Dee🖤