Like the 50s/Taehyung

'It's cold' Taehyung thought as he exited the busy diner and put his hands into the pockets of his long, black overcoat.

Inside the diner, the heat was almost unbearable since almost all the young people of the town were meeting there the Friday evenings, chatting loudly, even singing and dancing to the songs played by the jukebox and the few who knew how to play instruments.

As he light up a cigarette and went to stand by his car, a black Ford Thunderbird -clean and polished especially for today's occasion-, he noticed a familiar figure walking down the street.

"Jimin-ssi!" He waved at the boy who was approaching.

"Oh Taehyung!" The other boy greeted him with a charming smile. "You're  here too? I thought today you'd spend your day with your girl." He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"I am!" Taehyung smiled at the thought of you. "I'm just waiting for her. We were at the diner till now. How about you? No dates today?"

Jimin clutched on his suspenders grinning widely.
"Oh, you know me! I'm searching thoroughly until I find the one."

"I'm looking forward to meet the one who's gonna sweep you off the title of the ladys' man." Taehyung said as he took a drag of his cigarette.

"Let me remind you, my friend, that you were just like me a few months ago, searching around."
Suddenly, the diner's bell sounded and the two boys turned to look at the girl who was closing the restaurant's door.

"Indeed, I was. Not anymore." Taehyung smiled sheepishly throwing away his cigarette, as he watched you descend the stairs in your polka dot full pleated dress.

"Hey." You smiled shyly as you approached them.

"Love, this is Jimin, a friend of mine." Taehyung said as he put his hand on the small of your back.

"A pleasure to meet you, Jimin."

"The pleasure is all mine." Jimin answered as he took your hand and kissed it over the fabric of your wrist length white gloves.
"You guys have fun!"

"I'll see you later, Jimin." Said Taehyung as the other boy nodded and turned for the diner.

"You ready to go?" He asked you and caressed your cheek with his hand.

You nodded and headed for the passenger's door of the car. Before you reach the door, Taehyung came in time and opened it for you with a deep bow.
"My lady." He said and you smiled at the gesture shaking your head and feeling the blush spreading over your cheeks.

After you both got inside, he inserted the key into the engine and started driving.
"Today was amazing, Taehyung."

"It was amazing for me too. I'm so glad you were able to come."

"Well, we must be grateful to Minah and her get-together. My brother wouldn't let me leave the house any other way."

"You can pass along to her my sincere thank-yous."

"Okay, I will." You giggled. "By the way,  I didn't know you could dance like that. You got some moves, mister."

"What can I say? Rock 'n roll really gets me excited. Especially when my escort is as beautiful as you."

"Oh, Taehyung stop! You make me blush." You felt the familiar warmth on your cheeks once again.

"Not my fault. You are cute when you blush." He murmured almost incoherently.