My Sleeping Princess

*Poe's P.O.V.*
For some odd reason that I can't explain nor comprehend a certain calm always falls on me when I'm battling in space. Normal people from other planets would probably freak out and crash the ship, but for some reason I only get calmer and more focused. As I raced though space ready to confront the star destroyer I had only one thought other than the mission. Y/n. I don't know how I could ever live without her and even though I had been warned by Leia not to let my feelings get in the way of my duty I couldn't help it. I kept looking to my right....watching her. I tore my gaze from her as I went for the star destroyer. One blast....there goes a cannon.....And another......and finally the last one. I heard the unit cheer as we got ready to jump into hyperspace when a cannon hid from view hid from me shot. Time slowed down as I watched helplessly as y/n's right engine was shot down. A cry ripped from my throat overbrimming with loss, retreat, guilt, and sadness.
"Y/n" I screamed helpless. Her radio kept cutting in and out and all I could make out was.
"...Calm..........land....mayday........................hyperspace"
"I've got you y/n"I said
"Everyone jump to hyperspace..NOW" I said.
"What about you" a pilot asked when he noticed I had veered towards the attacker ship.
"I need to take out that ship" I don't know it it was guilt or loss as my emotions took over. I tried to keep my head and shot the cannon before taking out the main and secondary reactors. I jumped into hyperspace and landed shortly after the rest of the unit. I ran towards y/n's ship fear and adrenaline making me numb to the world.  As I reached her ship I was relieved to see that she had landed safely but the smoke coming from the engines and leaking out from the unopened scared me beyond measure. I had just reached y/n's ship when a hand lifted the top of the cockpit up from the inside. I stood helpless and useless as she attempted to climb out on her own. She jumped down but as she landed her left leg gave out and I reached out just in time to catch her.

"We need to get you to the infirmary" I said  with my eyes full of worry.
"Poe I'm fine" she said as she tried to walk.
"I'm fi-" she started again but then as if in slow motion she collapsed in my arms. I scooped her up bridal style as I yelled.
"Help! I need help. She's hurt" as two medics came over.
"I don't know how bad it is" I said
"Just please do everything you can" I pleaded.
"We will" the medic promised...but I remembered how promises can be broken....
~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I looked at her lying on the bed in the infirmary I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Love is hard" the voice said.
"You are always worrying about the other person" the voice continued.
"But I have a feeling she's going to make it. I knew from the day I saw her save your sorry ass" The voice said as I turned to see Leia with a motherly smile on her face.
"Thanks General" I said sullenly. Leia turned and started to walk out as I turned back towards the glass that was separating y/n and I, but I could feel her watching me as said she said
"You've never called me general before Dameron. I don't know why you'd start now" as she walked out.........and despite myself......I smiled. I walked into the room where y/n was, my heart thundering in my chest with every step. Each harder than the other. Each threatening to shatter my heart as I arrived at her bedside. I slowly stroked her face and jawline with my right hand. I slowly leaned forward and brushed my lips against hers barley kissing her in the process but still I knew it was enough as I slowly withdrew and slipped my fingers from her face and walked toward the door. As I turned around and looked at her I saw her eyelids flutter once.....then twice.

"And the princess awakens" I whispered remembering the ancient fairytale.

Author's Note
Sorry this took forever. Thanks so much for all the reads. I probably should've proof read this. Enjoy! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!