May I Have This Dance?

*Your P.O.V.*
Poe was fine after a while. He recovered quickly but you still wanted to slap him for getting hurt. That fool. Only Dameron would wake up FROM A FREAKIN COMA and ask

"Did we win" with his usual daredevil grin. When he found out about you being promoted and having a higher rank than him he only said

"Not for long y/n" with his cocky smile, but that made you laugh and was a part of who Poe was to you. Tonight there's going to be a party. The imperial base you destroyed allowed the rebellion to take out A WHOLE FLEET of stardestroyers. It wasn't a huge fleet, but the rebellion  needed the win. Everyone was in high spirits so it wasn't a surprise that there'd be a party tonight. You were accually looking forward to it. According to your friends the rebellion threw some pretty WILD parties.

*Poe's P.O.V.*
Damn. She looks beautiful. Which is going to make this even harder. Well if I'm going to hell I might as well do this properly. I walked over to her my mind set.
"Y/n" I called as she turned to face me. As soon as I saw her my mind blanked. It was like someone had replaced my brains with the brain of a Tauntuan. I couldn't think. I didn't know if I was BREATHING or not. I could hear my heart thumping a million miles a minute, and I wondered if she could hear it too.
"I like your hair that way" I said thankful that I was able to muster a full sentance. Dammit. You coward. I thought to myself. Then I walked off wondering what the hell had just happened. That night there was a celebration. I was never really one for celebrating. I'd go and have a drink and try to politely refuse the requests of almost half of the female population on the base. This time I guess it would be about the same.

"Dammit Dameron. You coward. She's the same as everyone else" I said to myself, but I knew it wasn't true. There was something unique and magical about y/n something that would haunt me till my death day. I walked back to my room wondering what the heck I was going to do. When I opened the door I saw y/n standing there.
"What do you need y/n?" I asked.
"I know when something is bothering you Poe" she said with a knowing smile.
"I'm fine" I insisted, but she wasn't buying it.
"Poe" she started.
"I know you and I know your lying" she said crossing her arms but her voice was soft, kind, caring.
"I'm not moving until you tell me the truth" she said stubbornly.
"Then you'll be here a long time" I said pushing past her as she watched me walk away. She sighed and walked away but then

"I don't know what it is and I can't pretend I do but when your ready to tell me I'll be waiting" she said a little sadly and walked out. I couldn't feel more guilty. I'd hurt her. Just because I was a stupid COWARD I thought as I slammed my fists into the counter in anger. Goddammit. Keep yourself together Poe. You can't afford to act stupid like this. Like a coward. Like the person I'd promised my self so many years ago that I'd NEVER be like.
"I'm sorry" I whispered into the dark empty room feeling as if the darkness was closing in on me cutting of the light. Consuming me.
"Goddammit"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked into the room wondering what the hell I was gonna do. I stopped at the bar and got a drink as I watched the crowd dancing. There she was. Leaning against the wall looking stunning in a knee length white dress. I watched in silence as a man strode over to her and offered her his hand. I couldn't take it. This was the last straw. I strode over to her maneuvering through the bodies of the bustleing dancers. I walked up to her and asked

"May I have this dance y/n" as I stared into her eyes. I could feel myself blushing as she said
"Anytime Poe". I took her hand in mine and swung her around until my hand was on her waist and my other hand was holding hers. The room and all the people in it was forgotten. We danced and dance all through the night. Not giving a damn what anyone though. The songs all blurred into one. All the faces and people became nonexistent as we traveled into a world of our own when it was just me...and her. My heart thumped along with hers in perfect synchronisation. Her hand warm in mine. Her smile the only thing I saw. I can't describe what happened that night, but it was something beautiful that would last forever.

Authors Note
Sorry this was kinda short. I'm thinking about starting a Reylo AU where Kylo Ren is the son of a malicious evil King and Rey is the daughter of a rebel Princess. They meet at a masked ball and fall in love. THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH FOR 400+ READS!!!!!MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!