To Sing Or Not To Sing?

A/N I am so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating for a month! I haven't had much writing inspiration lately. But, I'm back so I hope you enjoy!

Hikaru P.O.V

I quickly rushed downstairs. I really did not want to run into Tai.

My plan was to avoid her the whole day and pretend that nothing happened.

Yeah, I know it's cruel...

But I have to save my dignity! And Tai's!

I couldn't sing if my life depended on it.

I slowly peeked my head into the kitchen to see if Taioko was there. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the empty dining room.

I quickly grabbed a cup of fresh coffee(yes, it was already made. But what did you expect? We have servants who make the coffee, servants who test the coffee to make sure it's not poisoned, and even servants who make sure it's not too hot or too cold) and tried to find a place to hide without being seen.

I snuck past Tai's room and breathed out a sigh of relief as I turned the corner.

"GAHHH!" I yelped as I collided with someone. I spilled coffee on myself in the process.

"I'm so sorry Hikaru!" a feminine voice apologized.

My head shot up to be met with a worried gaze coming from Tai.

"Don't be! This doesn't burn at all~" I could practically hear the sarcasm dripping from my words."What are you doing in this hallway anyways?"

"I was looking for you~" she chimed.

She was looking...for me?

I gulped as a warm fuzzy feeling formed inside of me.

"W-what do you need?" I choked out. I mentally facepalmed for stuttering.

"For the song, remember!"

That fuzzy feeling drained form my body. My smile faded from my face and was replaced with a sacred expression. Tai must have noticed because her smile fell.

"I'm sorry, I should have confirmed it with you first..." she let her head drop. "You don't have to."

I felt like my world cracked in half. I hated that she was upset, and because of me.

"Taioko, I-"

"Really, it's okay Hikaru." she looked up at me with a painful smile. She left me standing in the middle of the hallway drenched with hot coffee, and overwhelming guilt.

*time skip*

"I'm a horrible person." I groaned into my pillow.

"What did you do this time?" Kaoru sighed.

This time?

"Taioko wants me to do something with her," I started. Kaoru nodded aa a sign to continue. "And I really don't want to. She said it was fine and I didn't have to."