Addiction

Unedited

Taioko's P.O.V

I really don't want to go to school.

Everyone keeps bugging Hikaru I about the performance. Some people have even spread rumors that we are dating.

It's not that I wouldn't date him. And it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I don't know if Hikaru feels the same. Plus, I think he might hate me now. We haven't talked for almost week.

I promised him that nobody would see him performing, but everyone ended up knowing about it. We still don't know how the curtain opened. Our best guess is that someone opened it, but who would have known about it? Whoever it was got away with it unnoticed. 

Right now I'm curled up in my bed, huddling under the covers. My plan is to skip today, just to think about things.

And by think about things, I mean I'm gonna spend my time watching anime and reading manga. It seems like a good way to waste my life away.

I continued watching 7 Deadly Sins for another hour before I decided to go get some food. Since I'm pretty lazy at the moment, I decided not to change into cloths, and just went down in my pajamas.

As soon as I opened the door to my room, the delicious smell of waffles slapped me in the face.

A/N Sorry if you don't like waffles :')

All my laziness disappeared as I ran down the stairs at super sonic speed. Just the smell of food alone can give me energy.

I burst into the kitchen, seeing nobody there. I simply shrugged before making my way over to the heaping plate of waffles on the counter.

"Taioko?" I spun around at light speed to face the voice, probably giving myself whiplash. My eyes widened seeing Hikaru standing there with wide eyes and pink tinted cheeks.

"H-Hikaru," I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for doing so. "Oh, I'm sorry, are these yours? Well, I hope you enjoy eating them! Bye!" The words tumbled out of my mouth as I hurriedly scurried out of the kitchen.

"I hope you enjoy eating them? Jeez, why am I like this?" I quickly shut the door to my room, face planting into the bed.

After a few minutes of rethinking my life decisions, I heard a light knock at the door.

"Coming!" I called out, assuming it was a maid. I stood up to go open the door.
The door suddenly flew open, and Hikaru speed walked into the room.

"Hikaru, what are you-" I got cut off when he pulled me into a tight embrace. I just stood there in shock.

"Can we go back to the way it was before?" He layed his forehead on my shoulder, making it impossible for me to see his face. "Us ignoring each other is killing me,"

My eyes widened and I quickly hugged him back. "I'm sorry Hikaru, I just thought you were uncomfortable with the rumors." I explained.

"Are you uncomfortable with the rumors?"

"I don't really mind them," I confessed.

"Then neither do I," He pulled me even closer to him, and I felt something wet on my shoulder. I pulled back from the hug, seeing tears streaming down his face.

"Awe, Hikaru," I wiped his tears with my thumbs, my eyes also beginning to water. "I'm starting to think I'm no good for you. You always cry around me,"

He smiled and grabbed on to my shoulders. "That's because when I'm with you, I feel so many emotions." He leaned closer and kissed my forehead. "I've never cared about someone like this before,"

Now it was my turn to cry. I cried into his chest, my fingers gripping the back of his shirt. I had never felt so cared for. Yeah, I've had plenty of friends and have lots of family who care about me, but I've never been loved quite like this before.

With him I seem to get caught up in these moments where there are so many emotions flowing out of us, and it makes me feel so alive yet it feels so unreal. Having someone like Hikaru is amazing.

His presence can take away all feeling of loneliness, his smile makes my heart race, his kind words warm my heart, and every moment I spend with him gives me a feeling of immense pleasure. He's like a drug, and I'm addicted.

What are these feelings?

Am I the only one that's feeling this, Hikaru?

A/N Hey!!!

First of all, I am soooo sorry for my lack of updating. It's been months! Stuff has been happening, and I didn't really think anyone liked this book that much.

But then all the sudden, I had over 1k reads...

Seriously, how did that happen?

Thank you guys so much for reading and I'm sorry I can't stay committed to writing books!

I know it said it was completed, but that's only because I couldn't come up with any ideas for this story and was just going to end it on the last chapter.

I'm thinking I'm gonna make chapters shorter so I can update more. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story; whenever I decide to update again :')