House Party

Atlas had been standing there. Against the wall, observing, watching. It is really quite the scene to behold. Her roommate, Jessie, had decided to throw Atlas a birthday party. Not her best idea, Atlas didn't like her birthday, she never had. Although Jessie was her best friend, she wasn't the brightest bulb, to put it kindly.

Atlas had a habit of doing this type of thing. She'd space out and just observe. Humanity really is so strange, don't you think? No one is ever real, yet they always complain when others aren't with them. No one ever dares to think they've made a mistake, but deep down they are aware and ashamed. Not a soul could face their emotions, so they drown them out with sex and drugs and booze, all in attempt to be happy. It never works though, so why must one keep trying?

These are the thoughts that drown Atlas' mind whenever she witnesses a scene like this. She'd never understand why people felt the need to act this way. But she would observe and try to. You can see a lot when you just pay attention.

Although while she did this she noticed on occasion, the one who stood around and observed as she did. Tonight had been one of the occasions.

A boy was standing in the corner of the room, drink to his lips, eyes staring at the crowd. They had a mixture of disgust and fascination within them. Much like her own, she would assume, had she seen herself from an outsiders perspective.

It was when Atlas met these very few people, that she would most likely go up to them, see if they had been worth her time. Had she found them interesting they would go somewhere, do something. One needed an adventurer's spirit to go through a night with the real Atlas Laura Kennedy. No one ever did. Although some made it farther than others.
Tonight had been no exception. She went up to the boy and greeted him as she did to everyone. Simply leaning up against the wall next to him.

"Hey." she paused for a moment to get a good glimpse of the boy, now that she had a closer look, she noticed he had dark green irises, and tousled, dark, incredibly curly hair. His jawline was outrageously sharp and his cheek bones high. If you looked really closely, even in this lighting you could see the freckles that dotted his skin. He was attractive, to say the least. Although that meant nothing to Atlas.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Lucas said, not bothering to give Atlas a second look. With most people, they'd realize they were staring too long and feel ashamed. Atlas didn't feel as if observing people was something to be ashamed of though.

"Just trying to figure out what you look like in this shit lighting." Atlas replied, Lucas hadn't expected that. He expected her to blush and run away like most did. He's had a fair share of girls come up and attempt to talk to him. He had almost the same ethic as Atlas. He would observe, others would come up and disturb him, and after humoring them for a bit he'd shoo them away. Although he'd never encountered a situation quite like the one he was in right now. It was in that moment he decided to take another look at this enigma. He'd seen her across the room before as he was looking around. It was then reasonable why she'd come up to him. Being closer to her made him notice things he hadn't before. Her long, wavy, black hair was traveling against her sides, stopping at her waist line. Her bright blue eyes were filled with curiosity. Her nose, small and cute. Her chin butted and her cheekbones going to unreasonable heights. When she smiled, she had deep dimples on both cheeks.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." She mocked, a cheeky smirk on her face, that soon became a smile as she laughed. Her laugh was loud, bold. Not like the weird giggle girls try to do whenever a guy is around.

"Hi, I'm Atlas." She said as soon as she stopped laughing. She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Lucas." He replied shortly. Her reached for her outstretched hand and shook it. He hadn't any idea why he was talking to this strange girl, who he now knew was Atlas. She even had a strange name.