Home

Can we 👏 just take 👏 a moment
To appreciate Panic!'s new album?
Roaring 20's over here giving me life

Also, um TOP CAME BACK
I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW ALL THAT SHIT ONLINE
NICO AND THE NINERS IS SO FUCKING GOOD

k back to the story

• • •

"So, where were you staying?" Atlas asked Lucas, realizing she had never did before. She was dreading this night's end, hating the fact that she'd have to leave this world she created in the span of 6 hours with him. 6 hours, 360 minutes, a quarter of a day. It's insane, absolutely mad, to even think that this all happened in 6 hours. A world was created in 6 hours.

Lucas appeared to be taken aback by her question, seemingly being pushed out of a mental trance. "Sorry what?"

Atlas heaved a subtle sigh, her discomfort and disappointment in the night ending clearly being shown on her features. "I asked where you were staying." She said, keeping her gaze fixated on the road ahead.

Lucas sat back in his seat and looked out his side window before replying, "There's a hotel a few blocks down from your place, I can walk from there."

Atlas continued down the road after giving him a curt nod, they were nearing their dreaded destination now. They both couldn't believe it.

They continued down the road in silence, for once it not being comfortable. They both felt the awkwardness hanging in the air, the dread. They both felt the obligation to say something, anything at all. They both knew something needed to eventually signify the end.

Throughout the silence there was an endless array of thoughts running through their minds. Everything that had happened that night. The drag race that nearly caused a man's death, the department store, the near kiss, the man in the elevator asking them if they were going to have sex. The tattoos engraving their skin, remaining as a lasting memory of this night if they were to never see one another again. Because who knows what might happen afterwards? For all they know, this could crash in a second. They might never see each other again, and that is what truly left their hearts aching. Imagining a life without one another at this point was petrifying. And the fact that Atlas was scared of losing someone terrified her. Sure, she depended on certain people she knew she could trust. But it took this guy 6 fucking hours to do what most people had to work on for the better part of a year, and more.

Lucas on the other hand, felt completely ok to the idea of being open and vulnerable around her. She was difficult, but she was trustworthy. If she wasn't, she wouldn't have been able to make him come on this insane journey. She wouldn't have earned his trust, respect, care, friendship, devotion, in 6 bloody hours. And yes, she was stubborn, and she was closed off emotionally, but she was open with her mind. She didn't view her personality and who she was as a secret to be kept from anyone that came near her. Mentally, she was an open book. It was emotionally that was an issue. And Lucas believed indubitably that in good time, that could be something she trusts him enough to introduce him to. Of course he had no idea just how emotionally close off she was, and what she was willing to do to stay that way. It was the only way she'd ever known, and she certainly didn't plan on changing it. Not for him, not for anyone; not for a long time. Not after last time.

These two people had completely differing thoughts mingling and crashing around inside their minds. They had been met with the same situation, alike personalities, but different ways of viewing vulnerability. Atlas viewed vulnerability as weakness, the one risk she wouldn't be willing to take. Lucas viewed it as strength, because no matter how many times one could get hurt; no matter how many times one has gotten hurt because of it; They'll do it. Time after time after time they will do it again. Because they know that if it works out it will lead to something absolutely magnificent. And that is what gives them strength. That is what gives them the ability to stand back up after being knocked down every single time. The small glimmer of hope they will still have where they choose to believe that everything will work out for the best, true optimism. True strength lies within those who take that risk for happiness.