5:00am

Longest chapter woot

• • •

They had been driving for quite some time. And of course, Atlas had once again intentionally failed to mention to Lucas what the hell was happening. Although what else is new?

As they were making their way dkwn the road, Lucas couldn't help but let his mind wander to what had occurred tonight. All the amazing things they did and were still going to do. But of course, you must take the good with the bad. His thoughts began traveling to the dark place of tonight, more or less what would happen afterwards.

He had to catch a flight at 8:00am back to Chicago. He'd be forced to return to real life in 4 hours, and away from the fantasy world he was building with Atlas. He had no doubt they would still talk, one doesn't simply leave you after an experience like this. But would it be the same?

Meanwhile Atlas was doing everything in her power to not let her thoughts wander. Who knows where they would lead her had she not kept a leash on them for so long. The last thing she wanted to contemplate was the clichè of "what's gonna happen when this is all over?" Quite frankly, she was someone who chose to live in the present and not think too much. If you did you would miss what was happening in front of your very own eyes right in that moment.

Of course, she never anticipated tbat the empty streets in front of her didn't capture her imagination and take hold of her thoughts with all the possibilities. She didn't anticipate the day where what was in front of her would be boring. And hopefully she would never have to.

Her mind was raging and thrashing with happiness as she thought of the place they were close to. One she hadn't been to in am incredibly ridiculously long amount of time.

Atlas hadn't shared this little place with anyone in years. Her and Jessie had discovered it together while they were driving. They had both been ecstatic at the news that one of them would finally be able to take them places at a quicker pace. Walking and biking everywhere was tiring. They decided to take the car they had fixed up together along with the help of their neighbor, and close friend Cesar. They were driving at an unreasonable speed down this empty road when they heard the sound of water hitting the lake rapidly. Needless to say, they investigated. They never thought it would lead to such a spectacle.

And now here she was, driving down the very same road, Lucas riding shotgun. This place was exclusively for people who Atlas felt she could trust. She's just hoping Lucas isn't afraid of heights.

Atlas noticed the stick her and Jessie had planted in the ground that marked the beginning of the mini trail they had to walk through to get to the clearing. She stopped the car right along side it and opened her door.

"Why are we literally in the middle of nowhere?" Lucas asked, confusion lacing his features. Atlas had opened the door to the back now. She was beginning to wish she had taken swimwear along with her when they were in the store. Instead she pulled out undergarments for the both of them. Close enough.

Atlas made sure that Lucas couldn't see what was in her hands as she made her way towards the trail. "You'll see." She called back, as she began making her way through the woods. Lucas made a quick move to get out and follow her.

It was fairly dark, although the stars above illuminated quite a bit, the old and massive trees covered quite a bit of them. Atlas had navigated her way through it from instinct, memory. Lucas would be damn near lost if she hadn't grabbed his hand. He doesn't know this place at all. He isn't from California after all, everything here was completely new to him, and what better tour guide could he have a gotten?