Author's note

An author's note I have written a few months ago, but forgot to post XD

It's a bit weird writing this note before even posting the first chapter. I got this idea of writing about a villain and his sidekick after reading something, the relationship between the two from where I got the inspiration is way more twisted. But alas, it is not in me to write something dark and twisted XD

I hope everyone of you had fun reading this story! I had such fun writing this story. It is the first story (albeit being a dialogue story) I have finished (what a surprise I thought it'd be The Academy Girls). It was quite funny that I didn't even have a name for the main protagonists when I wrote the epilogue. 

Let's talk about the characters! 

Eirlys

The practical, sensible assistant. She is always silently scolding Lord Astor. She has a lot of self monologue and tends to overthink.  She is an orphan. Before she met Lord Astor, she wandered the streets begging for food. She met Lord Astor on a snowy day and Lord Astor named her Eirlys (snowdrop).

Lord Astor (Ren Astor)

He is quite difficult to write. He is mysterious, a bit brutal but at the same time he has the gentleman upbringing, so he is polite. He is actually a gentle person underneath all the villainy. Lord Astor's favorite past time is to 'torture' and 'goad' Eirlys. 

Black raven and white snowdrop. It is kind of poetic if you think of it this way ;) (I stole this line from my friend)

Lucien Fairfax

He is just a self-centered spoilt brat. He is the only son and a prince (well not one now I guess). He is just someone who says mean things for fun. He might not mean harm, but since no one has ever scolded him for being rude or mean, he just continues to be like this until he was tricked out of his throne. 

Felicity 

The embodiment of luck. To be honest if I wrote the story from Lucien and Felicity's point of view, they would have won. Lord Astor and Eirlys would have been defeated. In a more extreme situation, Eirlys might even have betrayed Lord Astor because she fell in love with Lucien or became best friend with Felicity as typical story goes. 

(Eirlys: I would never betray Lord Astor. What kind of nonsense are you saying, you author!Lord Astor: I am sure my Eirlys won't betray me or fall in love with that brat. Eirlys: Exactly!)  

Lucien and Felicity tick all the boxes for being the protagonists of a fantasy story. It's just that this story is told from Lord Astor and EIrlys' point of view. So (*shrug*) sorry Lucien.

Lord Astor's Mother

She had a too delicate sensibility to be given mind reading (her power is especially powerful too). She could not deal with all the attacks, both verbally and those inside people's mind. She withered in the end with her husband quickly following her. 

Queen Fairfax

She was the one who started all the rumors and bullying. She feels threatened by Lord Astor's power (and together with past feud), she began the bullying.

Now let's move onto the power!

Among all the powers mentioned in the story, only Felicity's power is truly rare. Those from the Astor's family usually has this power. But he is exceptionally strong. That's why Lucien's mother felt threatened. 

Everyone's power has a limit. For example, Eirlys can see 5 seconds into the future. If they push against the limit, like looking 30 seconds into the future, they might still be able to do that but there are repercussions to the body. Another example is mind reading ability. Lord Astor's mother has strong power. She could listen to other's mind every single second and from a far distance too. Lord Astor's power is weaker, he can only listen when he focuses really hard and only within short distance. (To be honest, I prefer Lord Astor's one more). Hope this explanation can clear things up!

So that's the end of my very very long Author's note. Thank you so much for checking this story out! It truly means a lot to me! I might post more snapshots every now and then!

Written from 15/2/2018-18/2/2018