One

Kate waited in the eastside study for Ron and Donna Dreshian to appear

Kate waited in the eastside study for Ron and Donna Dreshian to appear. They were going to inform her about the daily workings of the mansion. Kate had no problem with getting these details. However, she had a problem with recalling where rooms were in this giant mansion.

Leah would love this place. She could be a princess here.

Kate had enrolled her into the Holings Prep Academy. The school was thirty minutes away from the house. Leah was a gifted eight-year-old child, and they wanted her gifts. She was only in the third grade, but they tried to mold her right away.

Tuition was not an option because Leah received a grant for economic hardship. With this job, Kate would relieve some of that hardship caused by her drug-addicted mother. Carmen tried to stay clean but always lost the battle. Their father had died last year trying to help her kick her habit. One of her mother's suppliers thought that he was a cop and shot him.

Kate was attending college at the time for an Organizational Development Degree. Her grandmother told about the caretaking job. This job would allow her to use some of the teachings she was learning at school. Kate reluctantly went for the interview and impressed Donna Dreshian. They did not talk about anything to do with the job. She just wanted to know what Kate wanted to do with her life.

Donna and her husband walked into the study wearing smiles. "Good morning Kate Jones,"

Kate returned their warm smiles and shook their hands.