Twelve

"So you did not let her wear her pajamas to school for Pajama Day?" Jacob asked as he followed Kate into the south library. He heard her laugh and then she turned around and faced him as she backed away from him.

"Jacob she can't wear a t-shirt with holes in it. That is her stay at home attire that she is unwilling to part with because it's our father's old t-shirt."

He liked the smile that filled her lips as she stared up at him. It had taken him a month to see this constant smile, and now that two months had passed since the mall incident with David he saw this beautiful woman's true self every single day.

"What, Kate you are killing her creativity."

She laughed again still slowly backing away from him as he continued following her. She knew the house like the back of her hand now. She was more confident of her position, and Jacob liked that. He loved that he could get physically close to her without her feeling uncomfortable.

"Jacob! are you insane. I can't ruin her Rockstar image in grade school. She has more friends than I ever had and I'm 23. She wore the zebra print top and bottoms and was happy about it."

Kate laughed again as he rolled his eyes at her words. "That was for your benefit."

"It was not," Jacob chuckled and continued crowding her space. Her small hands moved up towards his chest and pushed trying to stop his advance. Their combined laughter filled the library. He kept walking, and she ended up against the wall staring up at him smiling. Kate squealed with excitement when Jacob easily removed her hands from his chest. He held her wrists in one hand and raised them above her head. Jacob chuckled at her enthusiasm and placed them against the wall behind her.

"Why is it always you two against me." He moved closer to her allowing his chest to touch hers. A torrent of curiosity and desire ran through Kate's body the moment his muscled chest made contact with her. She liked this feeling that he caused whenever he looked at her and now touched her. Kate found herself looking forward to seeing him every morning.  She had no fear in her eyes as he lowered his head towards her.

"Only the guilty party would think that." His voice was smoother the closer that he got to her. Kate giggled and turned away from him. Jacob smiled.

"Besides Leah and I have better ideas than you do so...."

Kate returned her gaze to his. He was very close to her. His lips were very close to hers. She was not trying to sound nervous or out of breath, but her voice trembled as did her body. "Yo...you don't work this morning."

Jacob focused on her plump lips as she spoke. "Work will start when I arrive. I am not ready to leave yet."

His voice was quiet in the vast space. He pressed his body harder against hers and lowered his lips.

Kate was not a weak in the knees type of girl, but her body seemed to collapse against his as the kiss continued and desire began to fill her veins. Jacob did not mind holding her against his hard muscle as he tasted her lips. Jacob released her wrists and circled his right arm around her waist and his right hand gently tangled in the big curls of her hair. Jacob held the back of her neck so that he could dominate the kiss. Kate whimpered in submission.

Jacob suddenly pulled his lips away from hers. "Come with me to New York,"

Kate opened her eyes. "What,"

"Leah has a four day weekend, and she is going to spend it with the Mardens, who are good people and filthy rich. Leah has your number, and you know that she is safe there. You need to get out and have fun."

Kate stared up at him. "I..."

His lips aggressively claimed hers again and forced another whimper from her. Jacob quickly pulled away. "I want you to go. I don't want to be alone...anymore."