Fourteen

Cassie was the last person to exit the car

Cassie was the last person to exit the car. She lingered inside, trying to calm the rage in her body. She wanted to throw Kate out of the vehicle even when she and Jacob talked about the weather during the car ride. Jacob's hand would accidentally touch Kate's thigh, and he would apologize and move slightly away only to return to the same spot a few moments later when they started talking again. Cassie did participate in their conversation, but she was the outsider, and she knew it. She could feel it.

"She has no idea who she is dealing with." Cassie opened her purse and began rustling through it. She only had one pocket and still could not find what she needed when she needed it. Edward came to the door just as Cassie found what she was looking for in her bag filled with chaos.

"Do you need help with anything else besides your luggage?"

Cassie smiled at the chauffeur. "No, that is all. Thank you, Edward."

He smiled and held out his hand for her, and helped her out of the car. Cassie walked up the steps towards the plane. The rage inside of her began returning the closer she got to the door. She knew that they would sit together. Cassie took a deep breath and crossed the plane's threshold, and saw Kate sitting alone and Jacob's belongings across the aisle. He was going to do some work and needed space to spread out his belongings. Cassie was thrilled and confidently on the plane towards the area where Kate was sitting.  Cassie heard voices and looked towards the cockpit and saw Jacob and the pilot talking. She would have enough time to put Kate on notice.

"May I sit here?"

Kate looked up from the article that she was reading about custody laws and smiled at Cassie. "Yes, please. "

Cassie returned her smile. "Thank you,"

Jacob looked up from the pilot and looked back into the plane. He saw Cassie sitting down across from Kate. He knew that that conversation was not going to go well if Cassie started attacking her. Kate was not going to put up with that, and Jacob did not want to give Cassie any fuel to spread rumors about Kate. He did not want her hurt, but he knew that Kate could hold her own. She had done it since her father's death.

The raging jealous psychopath took the seat across from Kate and sat down. She looked around her aircraft. "I have never been on his private jet before."

Kate returned to her article. "He likes his privacy."

Cassie looked over at the preoccupied woman with disdain. How dare this housemaid dismiss her as she sat there speaking to her. Cassie did not care what she was doing before she got there.

"So, I have heard."

Kate did not raise her head as Cassie answered. A frown filled Jacob's assistant's face for a moment before the words to start her attack filled her mind. "How did you manage to wrangle him into bringing you along on this business trip."