✶1✶

Belles eyes shot open, hearing a loud ringing noise from outside

Belles eyes shot open, hearing a loud ringing noise from outside. The young girl quickly sat up and looked outside the cell door in front of her, but saw nothing. Her eyes closed again and she let out a breath she didn't notice she was holding. The beautiful girl picked up the cloth that she was given, gently stroking away the sweat from her damp forehead, before leaning back on the metal wall behind her. Her eyes slowly opened again and glanced on the strange creature sleeping on the bed beside her. Loud snores was heard coming from his open mouth. Her glance shifted back to the cell door as a stormtrooper walked past, looking around for any unwanted activity.

"Mom." She yelled walking around the small apartment, looking for her mother. "Mom!" She yelled repeatedly before spotting her mother sitting on a small stool facing the window, overlooking the dark city. "There you are." The girl said with a small smile, squatting herself down to her mother's level. "Are you alright?" She asked her in worry, as her mother continued to look out of the window. She slowly nodded her head up and down, before shifting her glance to her daughter.

"I am perfectly fine." She answered the girl, a smile replacing her once sad look.

"Good." The girl said stroking her mother's cheek. "And remember, if i have not yet returned in the morning, walk over to Janet's apartment and stay there until i show up again." She reminded her mom, referring to their good friend living only two buildings away. She nodded in response. "I love you mom." She told her before embracing her in a tight hug.

"I love you too, Belle." Her mother said returning the girls embrace, and kindly stroking her hand over the back of her daughters head. Seconds later they parted and the girl stood up straight again, before turning to walk out of the door. "Bye!" She yelled one last time before running as fast as she could down the never ending stairs, but finally reached the ground and pushed the door leading outside, wide open. The nearest transportation building wasn't a long walk from here, only a block or two. She instantly coughed at the thick, toxic smoke surrounding her. Down here sunlight and clean air was a myth. Large spotlights hung from the roof, but was only giving us just enough light to see. In our houses and apartments we had filters, leveling the oxygen, making the air a little better inside than outside. With quick steps she hurried up the stairs leading up to the entrance. She pushed the double doors open reviling the not so busy room, probably because of the late hour. The girl slowly walked up to one of the check in tables that didn't have a line, she looked around at the men in white armor stroll around. Her sight quickly turned to look at the young man sitting on the other side of the table, his eyes glued down on the screen laying down on the table.

"Hello." She smiled as he held up the scanner to scan her face, not tearing his eyes from the screen.

"Name?" He asked, ignoring her greeting.

"Belle Skye." She responded  feeling a offended feeling wash over her.

"Age?" He boringly asked letting out a sight.