Chapter Three

a/n: Yes, I know I said this story is on hold, but what can I say, you make me giddy with excitement with your support so I decided to publish a new chapter to thank you guys!

Love ya!

******

It wasn't till Wednesday afternoon that I crossed paths with the German pretzel again.

If by crossing paths we mean making eye contact for two seconds that's it.

I was making a fast run to the market before my brother arrived. After taking look in the fridge and cupboards I realized that I probably should have stocked myself with provisions before inviting Lucas to dinner. More so, when I knew the alarming amount of food he could shove down his throat, being that I grew up sitting beside him at the dining table and experienced it firsthand.

I was just leaving my apartment when I caught sight of a tall figure walking towards me from the side. As I lifted my head to assure myself that it wasn't a criminal searching for his next victim, his gold-brownish eyes locked on mine for less than a second before his gaze skittered away. My eyes stayed glued to his frame though, taking in his muscular thighs in those athletic shorts and the way his thermal clung to his broad torso like a second skin.

He'd gone for a run, again.

I knew I shouldn't be ogling, but I couldn't help it. I was drawn to him like a moth to the flame, like a fly to a juicy fruit, like Winnie Pooh to his hunny pot. I held my breath as he passed by, the air shifting due to his movement and hitting me slightly on the face.

Yeah, he was so damn better than those stupid magazines, all right.

I wish I could take a selfie with him now. All that rugged masculinity that could only be acquired with age. Lily would fall from her chair if she found out I had an actual picture of him on my phone. But then, with that cold attitude of his, I wouldn't doubt if he pretended he hadn't heard me when I asked. It was pointless to hope.

I locked my door just as he unlocked his and stepped inside with a last look my way.

I had opened my mouth to say 'hi' when he closed the door. On my face.

Again.

While I wasn't the bubbliest person in the world, I knew that walking beside your neighbours and closing the door on their faces was just plain rude. If my abuela was here she would have taken one look at him said he was a maleducado.

I gritted my teeth.

Maybe I should have told Lucas about Berlin's Wall attitude, but then he wouldn't be so eager to come see me. I was 60 per-cent sure. Ever since our last phone call when he found out Friedrich Kühl was living one thin concrete wall away from me, he'd been insisting to come over to visit his 'Conejita'.

He started calling me that---little bunny--- since we were kids, saying the small gap between my front teeth reminded him of one. The pet name stuck and he never stopped calling me by it, despite the fact that we've grown up and that gap didn't exist any more thanks to the painful orthodontic treatment I went through.

He called me yesterday to say he'd stop by to have a siblings evening, but I knew him well. He just wanted to pay me a visit to spy on the German. I couldn't blame him, considering my brother's played basketball since he was a little kid, and Kühl had been his hero for a long time before the incident.