Chapter Six

a/n: I know it's been a long time people, but I've been super busy with college please be patient with me. I really enjoyed writing this chapter, let me know what you think and don't forget to hit that star at the bottom when you finish! TX guys! 💜 U

***

"I can't believe you kept this from me."

That was the first thing my father said to me when I picked up his call. Not hola amor, not mija, no. He'd gone straight to the point. God help me.

I had to admit I'd seen it coming. I'd even debated for a few seconds whether to send the call to voicemail when I caught his name on the screen at six freaking AM---It would've at least bought me a few days before he came barreling in here hoping to catch a glimpse of Berlin--- but immediately felt guilty at the thought. I'd need to confront him at one point anyway so declining his call would only mean that I'd have to carry this weight on my conscience far longer than I already had. It was like getting waxed, better to remove everything with a sharp tug than a long and painful one.

So with the words 'let's get this over with' on my lips I'd put the phone to my ear.

Now I was reconsidering.

"Hola Pa." I said as if he hadn't just complained about my lack of trust.

"Is it because you don't want me to show up there?" He continued ignoring me.

Bull's eye.

I'd rather die than admit that to him though. Hurting my father's feelings wasn't on my bucket list believe it or not.

"Pa..."

"You are ashamed of me. Is that it?"

"Of course not. I've never said that." I corrected him.

"Then why did I have to find out through your brother?" His voice sounded whiny, like a little kid who didn't get to buy his favorite lollipop.

I decided to turn a deaf ear on the part where he mentioned Lucas. That called for another conversation I'd like to have with him once this was over, I mean, he promised to keep his trap shut.

"I was going to tell you..."

Someday.

"That was two weeks ago Vanina."

So he went with my full name.

Fine.

He only did that when he was feeling frustrated or in this case exasperated. I'd grown used to it. In another life my father would've been an actor, he was always exaggerating his reactions.

"It's not like he is hanging around here all day pa. I've been busy with work, it's safe to say he hasn't been the first thing on my mind lately."

I'd truly been busy.

He hadn't been the first thing on my mind, however he'd been there at the back and pushing his way forward. The moment I stepped out of his apartment last night thoughts of him had been trying to weasel past my everyday worries. Would he need anything? Was he comfortable enough to sleep on the couch? While at the same time I hoped he stayed wide-awake all night long. He had it coming, he'd been an ass. Plus I'd had to take money from my own pocket to pay for his stupid pizza. I mean, the guy had to have millions stored in a bank somewhere. Didn't he? But then again why was he living here if that was the case? My complex was nice but nothing to write home about.

"Tenes razón. Perdón amor." You're right - Came my father's voice through the receiver. "I just wish you'd ve shared this with me sooner."