FOURTEEN

Lucy's POV

My dad pushed Derick out Of the house. His glasses broke. He was bleeding.

How dare you! My dad said.

No.. No... No... I can not imagine things like that. I don't have the courage to open my eyes.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Lucy, I asked you who is this in this photo with you? Why are you closing your eyes?"

The cupboard was open but Derick was not there. I searched for him. Then I saw his legs behind my dresses.

"Dad, I was just sleepy. In the photo, that is John our neighbour dad, don't you remember?"

I have this habit of sticking photos all over my room, that habit really saved me.

"oh ya, ya. I remember."My dad bid me goodbye and I closed the doors immediately.

Whew I was resuscitated.

"Thank God, you didn't come out or I would have killed you."

"yep, thank you I will see you tomorrow morning. "he said.

"How are you going to get down? "he went near the window. I think it's a bad idea. He started to descend slowly.

"Don't look down."I didn't finish saying he....

"Aarrgghh" he fell down.
It's not my fault. Sorry....

Derick's POV

My butt still hurts. I have fallen twice already because of that ball and my stupidity.

When I saw her in cute shorts, I lost my words. She was so beautiful. That word slipped my tongue ,somehow I managed. I couldn't sleep at all.

-————————
()()()()()()()()()()()()
————————-

"Why are you late? "she asked me. How can I tell her to withdraw the bet.

"Please, listen to me... I can't play. I am far from sports. Sports are made only for people who are fit"

"Chubby.... Don't worry, I will make you fit. Now read this book."she gave me a book with lot of pages. You dumb, book is made of pages. I laughed at myself.

"What is in this book? "I asked.
She poked my forehead "This book is about the rules of soccer."

"Does this book related to me?"I didn't even know how to kick a ball. Suck these rules.

"you have to learn the rules and start practicing."why she is strict all of a sudden.

"Who is that? "Lucy asked me.
"He is Smith,my bodyguard more like a friend. "

"Hello, Smith...My name is Lucy. Please come and join us."Lucy called him. Already I have stuck here... Adding Smith makes it so intense.

"Learn the rules I will go and get something for You."

"So Sir, Do you like your coach?"he smirked. I started to read the rule book... Nothing is comprehensible. She might went to take some snack.... How caring..

"So Ready?"She came back with a STICK."Chubby, I am going to be strict... "she placed the stick under my chin. This doesn't looks like she is strick...it makes her cute.

"The rule is You should never use your hands. A  player  cannot  kick,  trip,  jump  at,  charge,  strike,  push,  hold,  or  spit  at  an  opponent. Bumping,  leaning  or  going  shoulder-to-shoulder  while  competing  for  a  ball  is  not.. "

"What... Wait.. hands... Kick.. Are you saying kick Bottowski? "

She explained me all the rules and I tried to apply it and played...almost played. It's been more than two hours I didn't even kick a ball properly.... What an unlucky person I am... No I am going to give up..sorry Lucy.

"I am sorry. It is waste of time training a piece of shut like me... I am going. "

I started to move "Chubby... Wait... You can do it."I ignored her. I reached my car. Someone started singing...

🎶We're gonna start a revolution
Don't stop, keep moving

You and I were meant to fly like rockets in the night

Keep your head up
Shoot the clouds down
Throw it all in
Break your own ground

And if you're gonna make a mess make it loud
And if you're gonna take a stand, stand out

Life is our game
We can go play
Shake up the rules
Don't be afraid

And if you're gonna make a mess make it loud
And if you're gonna take a stand, stand out.🎶
(please listen to the song which I have added)

She sang a song for me. She was awesome. Her voice was sweet like her. She sang to encourage me and It worked.

I practiced a lot. Me, Butter, Smith.. We all played. I learnt to kick a direct goal. Hoping there Will be no goal keeper.

———————

Monday...I already hate Monday for many reasons Now one reason has been added.

My parents were very supportive. They bought everything that I need for the selection .

"Smith, I don't want to go in my car. I Will walk. It will be like a warm up. "I thought so. It might help me.

"But, Sir.. It is.. "I started walking. I should have listened Smith. I have lost all energy. I didn't even reach half of the distance.

Somehow I managed to reach the school entrance. Suddenly like a lighting a boy in a bicycle crashed me. I fell on the road. I also hit my head.

Ouuhh.. It hurts.. The selection.. How am I going to play.

Soon darkness covered my mind.

"Chubby...Are you okay. "I heard a familiar voice. I didn't know that I was unconscious for 5 hours.

"what about the selection? "I asked Lucy.

"It is over... I am sorry. I shouldn't have forced you. "Tears were flowing from her eyes.

I hugged her. It was all my fault.

"Guys... Come fast. "Meg Lucy's friend called us.

What? Where? Why?

How was it? Why Will happen any guess...?

The song 'Stand Out'sung by Sabrina Carpenter from the movie How to Build a Better Boy

Please vote and share .

Thank you!