v. a new friend

Word count: 1.5K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑽 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

Hiro sat on the beanbag in his room, fidgeting with Megabot. It's been awhile since the little incident he had with you. He's found lately that replays over and over in his conscience, and he enjoyed every second of that moment. It lightens his mood slightly. However, he couldn't help but wonder how he possibly had the nerve to give your head a light kiss.

His train of thought was interrupted by Cass entering the room. "Hey, sweetie," she greeted.

"Hey, Aunt Cass."

"Mrs. Matsuda's in the café. She's wearing something super inappropriate for an eighty-year-old. That always cracks you up." Hiro forced a small smile.

She placed a plate of food onto the windowsill. "You should come down," she said, swapping the untouched lunch.

His blank response drifted across the room. "Maybe later."

"Oh, the university called again," she started, opening the blinds on the opposite side of the room. "It's, uh, been a few weeks since classes started. But they said it's not too late to register." She propped up the entrance letter on the desk.

"Okay, thanks. I'll think about it."

She sighed, then hesitantly walked back towards the stairs. "Oh, and— (Y/N) came over to visit, I'll send them up here in a minute," she added. Hiro eased up slightly at the mention of you, knowing that you were just the person he needed to see. A moment later, he heard your footsteps on the wooden stairs. Then, you entered the room.

"Hey," you greeted in the friendliest tone you could muster, walking inside. You attempted to hide your misery as best you could; you were healing, but it was a slow process. "I just thought I'd check in and see how you were holding up."

"Hi (Y/N), I guess I'm feeling a bit better," Hiro answered, sitting down at his desk after closing the blinds on the window. He opened up a bot fighting website on his computer.

You walked over, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion when you saw it. "Hey, I thought we stopped—" your sentence was interrupted by a notification on the PC. Hiro clicked the icon and a video message from the gang was opened.

"Hey, Hiro and (Y/N)," they all said.

"We just wanted to check in, and see how you're doing."

"We wish you were here, little buds."

"Guys, if I could have only one superpower right now, it would be the ability to crawl through this camera and give you a big hug."

Hiro closed the tab before the video finished.

You offered a weak smile. "They really care about us, they do." You only got a sigh in response. Hiro picked up the acceptance letter on his desk and examined it for a bit, and, to your surprise, threw it out. "Hiro, I—"

"(Y/N), please not now," he implored. You pursed your lips. You weren't going to push it. But, when he turned around to grab his bot, you cautiously took the letter out of the waste bin and scribbled down a note onto the back of the envelope.

You'll thank me later ;)
~(Y/N) <3

With that, you slipped it into one of his desk drawers. He was making his way back to his desk, holding his bot, but it seemed to be getting looser.

"Uh, Hiro? I think—"

The bottom portion of the bot fell off and landed on Hiro's foot. You were cut off by a sharp scream of pain from him.