viii. the chase

Word count: 1.5K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

"Come on," Hiro whispered to you and Baymax.

You follow him out of the garage, Baymax in tow and clad in his new armor. He waddled along behind the two of you, taking the route to the warehouse. After winding through the dark alleyways, you reached your destination, although without the realization of a vehicle following you.

You reached the door of the building and Baymax kicked it down. "Get him, Baymax!" Hiro ordered, but there was no activity inside.

"We're too late," you sighed. Hiro took the microbot from his pocket as it clanked on the side of the glass.

"Your tiny robot is trying to go somewhere," Baymax informed you.

"Come on." Hiro motioned for you to follow. You passed many large cargo crates, and, some time later, you reached the coastline. Hiro walked down a boardwalk, accompanied by you and your companion. Being too focused on the rustling bot, he was about to step off the edge until Baymax grabbed his sweatshirt just as he would've fell.

"Always wait one hour after eating before swimming," the robot reminded him.

The microbot began moving more and more recklessly, until it flew out of the container and into the distance. "Hey!" Hiro called.

You squinted through to thick fog and noticed a figure making its way back to land. "Come on!" Hiro grabbed your hand, and you felt the familiar fluttering in your stomach. He pulled you behind a crate and Baymax proceeded after. You peeked your heads out slightly from behind it.

The man in the mask had emerged from the fog, using the microbots to suspend above the water. The bots allowed him to snake onto the land, carrying a fragment of machinery behind him. Hiro nudged you back, out of sight.

"Your heart rate has increased dramatic—"

"Shh. Okay, Baymax. Time to use those upgrades." Baymax prepared himself, until suddenly, a light shone onto you.

You were illuminated by the headlights of a car and you shielded your eyes. Hiro stepped in front of you protectively.

Then, the people came out of the car, revealed to be the gang. "Hiro? (Y/N)?" they questioned.

"No, no, no!" Get out of here, go!" Hiro urged.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Wasabi asked.

"Nothing! Just out for a walk. Helps my pubescent mood swings.." Hiro stammered in response. You snicker.

"Is that Baymax?"

"Yeah, but you really—"

"Uh... why is he wearing carbon fiber underpants?" GoGo interjected.

"I also know karate."

"You guys really need to go," Hiro said, panicking.

"No, don't push us away, guys. We're here for you," Honey Lemon reassured. "That's why Baymax contacted us."

"Those who suffer a loss require support from friends and loved ones," Baymax reiterated.

"Okay, but we..." you tried to tell them.

"Who would like to share their feelings first?" Baymax inquired.

"Ooh, I'll go. Okay," Fred volunteered. He cleared his throat, "My name is Fred, and it has been thirty days since my last... holy mother of Megazon!" Everyone turned around to see a crate being lifted by microbots, the masked man behind it.