xiii. putting it all together

Word count: 1.2K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

Hiro arrived at his garage, lifting the door open and walking inside with Baymax. He set his own helmet on a table and flicked out a ladder, placing it in front of them. He removed the robot's helmet.

Pushing some items aside, he set it down on the desk, plugging it into a computer monitor and beginning to type.

"Your blood pressure is elevated," Baymax notified. "You appear to be distressed."

"I'm fine," Hiro assured sternly, unplugging the helmet. He plopped it onto Baymax's head. "There. Is it working?"

Baymax lifted his head and looked around. "My sensor is operational."

"Good." Hiro tapped on the access port. "Then let's get..."

The port didn't budge. He tapped again. "What?" He repetitively pushed on it to no avail. At this moment, you reached his garage. You quietly deactivated your wings and peeked out from behind a corner.

"Are you going to remove my healthcare chip?" Baymax questioned.

"Yes. Open!"

"My purpose is to heal the sick and injured."

Hiro tried to wedge it open. "Baymax, open your access port," he demanded.

"Do you want me to terminate Professor Callaghan?"

"Just open!" Hiro removed Baymax's chest plate, still attempting to open the port. He tapped on it more.

"Will terminating Professor Callaghan improve your emotional state?"

"Yes! No! I-I don't know! Open your access!" Hiro stuttered.

"Is this what Tadashi and Kori wanted?" Baymax inquired.

"It doesn't matter!"

"Tadashi and Kori programmed me to aid and—"

"Tadashi and Kori are gone!" Hiro cried, slamming host fists on Baymax's chest. You took a step back, covering your mouth with a hand.

"They're... they're both gone."

"Tadashi and Kori are here," Baymax insisted.

"No. They're not here."

"Tadashi and Kori are here," he repeated. The screen on his chest flashed to life, taking a second to focus.

This is Tadashi Hamada, Hiro's brother's voice spoke from a recording. Hiro lifted his head.

And Kori (L/N). You gasped quietly. It was a video of your siblings. And this is the first test of our robotics project. Tadashi reached out and pressed a button.

Hello, I am Baymax, said the robot. Afterwards, a loud screeching proceeded. You inferred that this was footage from when Baymax was in development. Your siblings cringed and covered their ears.