ix. fred's house

Word count: 1K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑿 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

You all walked down the sidewalk, following behind Fred, who was supposedly guiding you to shelter. You were all soaked and shivering from the events that lead to your escape.

Hiro noticed to be standing next to you, so he shrugged off his mostly-dry sweatshirt and slung it over your shoulders.

"O-Oh, you don't have to, Hiro," you stuttered, smiling up at him.

"That's okay, I insist," he assured, returning your smile.

"Thanks," you said. He draped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer, walking at your side.

"Where are we?" asked Honey. Fred was walking up the stairs of a mansion's entrance.

"Fred," Hiro called, "wh-where are you going?"

He looked confused for a moment, then came to realization. "Oh. Welcome to mi casa. That's French for 'front door.'"

"It's really not," Honey pointed out.

"Listen, nitwit. A lunatic in a mask just tried to kill us," GoGo growled. "I'm not in the mood for any—"

The front door of the mansion was opened by a butler, cutting GoGo's sentence short. "Welcome home, Master Frederick," he greeted.

"Heathcliff, my man! Come on in, guys. We'll be safe in here," Fred told you. The gang was beyond shocked. "Gimme some," Fred held out his fist and Heathcliff did the same. They shared a fist bump.

Everyone filed in, greeting Heathcliff on their way. Baymax was the last to enter, and he gave him a fist bump as well. "Ba-da-la-la-la."

"Freddie," Honey said, "this is your house?" The gang followed Fred down one of the hallways, admiring the inside of the ornamental building.

"I thought you lived under a bridge," GoGo remarked.

"Well, technically it belongs to my parents," Fred mentioned. "They're on a vacay on the family island. You know, we should totally go sometime. Frolic." He said it like it was nothing. He then clapped twice, a pair of doors automatically opening. His bedroom was revealed; it was entirely inspired by comics.

"You gotta to be kidding me," GoGo muttered.

"If I wasn't just attacked by a guy in a kabuki mask, I think this would be the weirdest thing I've seen today," Wasabi stated. The team looked around, astonished. "My brain hates my eyes for seeing this."

Hiro went over to a table and began to sketch the symbol that you and he had seen a few times before. You sat down next to him. "Whatcha doing?"

Baymax waddled over behind your seat. "Your body temperatures are still low," he notified you. "Yeah, uh-huh," Hiro responded, not looking up.

The robot leaned over you both, radiating heat from his body. You laughed as Hiro rolled his eyes and continued drawing.

Fred ran over and collapsed on top of Baymax. "Ah! It's like spooning a warm marshmallow."

The rest of the team joined in, one by one.

"Hmm, it's so nice."

"Oh yeah, ah, that's toasty."

"Good robot."

Hiro finished his drawing. "Does this symbol mean anything to you guys?" he asked, holding it out to everyone.

"Yes! It's a bird!" Fred pointed out the obvious.

"The guy in the mask was carrying something with this symbol on it," Hiro explained.

"It was also at the old warehouse where our microbots were being produced," you added.

"Apprehending the man in the mask will improve their emotional states," Baymax told the gang.

"Apprehend him?" GoGo repeated. "We don't even know who he is."

"I have a theory," Fred chimed in.

The team sat in a semicircle on Fred's sofa, awaiting his idea. He was handing out different comics to you all.

"'Doctor Slaughter, MD'?" Wasabi read aloud.

"Actually millionaire weapons designer, Malcom Chazzletick," Fred explained.

"'The Annihilator'?" Hiro recited while you read over his shoulder.

"Behind the mask, industrialist Reid Axworthy."

"'Baron von Destruct'? Oh, just get to the point!" GoGo spat.

"Don't you guys get it?" Fred went on, "The man in the mask who attacked us is none other than—" He pressed a button on a television remote. "Voila! Alistair Krei," Fred revealed, showing a picture from the news.

"What?" Hiro questioned.

"Think about it. Krei wanted your microbots, and you said no. But rules don't apply to a man like Krei," Fred explained.

"There's no way. The guy's too high profile."

"Then who was that guy in the mask?" Honey wondered.

"I-I don't know," Hiro sighed. "We don't know anything about him."

"His blood type is AB-negative," Baymax suddenly informed. "Cholesterol levels are—"

"Baymax, you scanned him?" you asked.

"I am programmed to assess everyone's healthcare needs," the robot replied.

"Yes! We can use the data from your scan to find him!" Hiro exclaimed, grabbing your hands in his. You smiled.

"Uh, hate to ruin the moment between you two, but you'd have to scan everyone in San Fransokyo. That might take, I don't know, forever," GoGo interrupted. You both blushed.

"No, no, no, no. I... I just have to look for another angle," Hiro said, releasing your hands and walking over to Fred's action figures. "Got it! We'll scan the whole city at the same time."

"We just have to upgrade Baymax's sensor," you realized.

"Actually, if we're gonna catch this guy, we need to upgrade all of you," Hiro told the gang.

"Upgrade who, now?" Wasabi asked. Even you were a little startled by the idea of upgrading yourselves.

"Those who suffer a loss require support from friends and loved ones," Baymax reminded.

Fred laughed. "Oh, okay, I like where this is heading!"

"We can't go against that guy! We're nerds!" Wasabi protested.

"Hiro, we want to help, but we're just us," Honey said.

"No. You can be way more," Hiro encouraged, taking you hand again.

"Tadashi Hamada and Kori (L/N) were our best friends," GoGo chimed in, standing up, "We're in."

"Can you feel it? You guys, do you feel this?" Fred chirped. "Our origin story begins. We're gonna be superheroes!"