vi. being helpful

Word count: 1.8K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑽𝑰 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

From the view provided by the window, you saw Baymax waddling across the street, focusing on the container.

"What?!" Hiro gasped, hurrying downstairs while you stumbled behind. He pulled on his sweatshirt and shoes as he ran towards the door. Speaking of which, Cass just happened to be right by it. How convenient.

"Hiro, (Y/N)?" she questioned as you approached the exit.

"H-Hey, Aunt Cass," Hiro greeted with a wave.

"Wow! You're up, and—"

"Yeah! Figured it was time," Hiro said impatiently.

"Are you registering for school?" Cass asked, smiling.

"Uh, yes! Thought about what you said, really inspired me."

"Took a bit of convincing, though!" you added, trying to make the conversation seem a bit less rushed. You made a mental note to talk to Hiro about not being awkward and suspicious.

"Oh, honey, that's so great!" she exclaimed, enveloping you both in a hug.

"Uh-huh," he said. He continuously glanced towards the door.

"Okay, special dinner tonight! I'll whip up some chicken wings, you know, with the hot sauce that makes our faces numb," she said, imitating the expression. "(Y/N), you come on over, too!"

"Okay, sounds good," you Hiro replied.

"Great! Last hug," she finished, hugging you once more. You acted natural until she turned away and then immediately sprinted out the door.

Hiro dragged you through the streets by your wrist, dodging the plentiful amount of pedestrians.

"Baymax!" you called for the robot, maneuvering around the crowd as best you could. You made it to a calmer area of the street and stopped to scout for your inflatable companion.

You both gasped when you saw him on the back of a trolley, and you scurried after it. After getting delayed by some bikers in your path, you caught it at a stop, only for Baymax to have left already.

You rushed up a flight of stone stairs and past a market area full of people. Attempting to call for Baymax was fruitless despite the number of times you tried. He was steadily walking in the direction of the microbot's rustling. You made your way through the backstreets quickly, but not without falling once from an abrupt stop.

After stumbling back to your feet, you turned a few more corners and found Baymax standing at the door of an old, abandoned warehouse. You both stood for a moment, huffing for air, before calling out one last time, "Baymax!"

"Are you crazy? What are you doing?" Hiro questioned while approaching the robot.

"I have found where your tiny robot wants to go," he answered.

"I told you, it's broken!" Hiro reminded, taking the container back. "It's not trying to go— huh?" He observed the bot clanking against the glass repeatedly in the same direction. You gave him a look for dismissing it earlier. He glanced at Baymax, then at you, before walking towards the entranceway.

"Locked," he said, picking up and then dropping the lock securing the door.

"There is a window," Baymax noticed, looking up at the building.

With that, Hiro dragged you over to it. You stood carefully atop Baymax, hoisting up Hiro closer to the window.

"Please exercise caution," Baymax lectured, "a fall from this height could lead to bodily harm."