21: When You Stay at the Plaza

Before we get started, some questions!
1) is there anything specific you guys want to see happen in the next chapter?
2) do you like chapters that are more about Jesse or more about just her?

Before we get started, some questions!1) is there anything specific you guys want to see happen in the next chapter?2) do you like chapters that are more about Jesse or more about just her?

Blythe's uniform ^^^

This is Soledad! ^^^^

I adjust my thigh high stockings, subtly pulling them up over my knees as Dr. Redding drones on about Calculus and derivatives.

"Derivatives can be applied to estimate functions locally, find the relative extrema of functions, and relate rates of change of different yet connected functions. A function f ( x ) has an antiderivative F ( x ) if its derivative dF/dx = f ( x ), or equivalently, f ( x ) dx = dF."

I mindlessly scribble down notes, crossing my left leg over the other and slightly swinging it back-and-forth. The ring on my left-hand glints as it catches the light and I sigh at the sight of it.

Mother insisted I wear it today since Mrs. Majewska apparently made a comment about the absence of it on Sunday.

"We don't want anyone to think you're having problems!" She castigated me, watching me like a hawk as I slid it on my finger. "The magazines would have a field-day!"

As long as the magazines are appeased, then what else are we living for?

Speaking of magazines, I haven't been in any lately. I guess my life has appeared to be blase when in reality it has been the most eventful couple months I've ever experienced.

Dr. Redding pauses, glances at his watch, back to the board, then to us. "Well, children, that's all we have time for today," He shuts the top of his MacBook whilst the sounds of closing notebooks and textbooks ring about the room. "Do page two-fifty-two, problems one through fifty. Due tomorrow at the beginning of class."

The bell sounds and everyone stands, quickly moving from the room and on to lunch. I'm the last to leave, slowly packing the rest of my books and slipping my backpack on.