3-F*ck clams man

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.
Nothing bad happened or anything like that!
Life was just a little crazy for me these past few weeks.

Chapter start

Today day, was a lazy day.

The three lounged in the clearing near the cave, which had become Errors hunting ground along with the boys play area. The boys played happily in the sand, using shells as shovels to dig holes. Sand submerged in water is harder to mold then when it's dry, making it into a fun little game. Stacking shells was another thing they found entertaining.

Error laid on his stomach only a few feet away, sunbathing as his boys played. A smile made its was across his face as Void squealed in victory as Nulls tower of shells collapsed while his remained, dubbing him the winner. Null pouted playfully in defeat. Void seemed to feel disheartened with his victory at the sight of his brothers 'unhappiness'. With a huff he knocked down his winning pile with a wave of his tail before looking back at his brother. Null giggled at his brothers antics.

Error turned his gaze towards the reef, watching the fish roll and dip with water above.

The day was fairly normal. Yes, normal. Error would have never believed he would have an ounce of normality in his life time. If anyone would have approached him months before and said such a thing, he would have turned away laughing. Never believing such a ridiculous idea. His life normal? Appsolultly not! But now... It had be nearly a month since him and the boys landed in the watery world. Through that time they've adjusted nicely to their new home and the different areas around them. The boys picked up quickly on swimming, not needing to be carried anymore, much to their fathers pride and praise. Error was honestly surprised at how quick Null and Void could be; swimming by his sides and in view at all times, only grabbing onto his hands to be carried along if they got tired or he was going to fast. He found Null holding onto his hand much more than Void, even with his size and age advantage- Error figured it was his Sans side kicking in. Besides that, everything was quite fine-

"Ksss- Aaaah!"

At the sound of a sharp hiss and pained yelp, Error jerked his head in the direction of the boys. Void was wide eyed in shock while Null seemed to be kneeled over. The older babybones face was scrunched in a pained expression while his hands were clasped around the sides of his neck.

Within seconds Error was cradling Null who whimper in his fathers hold, hands still cupping his neck. His teary eyes looking up for comfort. This only made Errors soul thump painful in his chest. His multicolored eyes scanning carefully for any type of injury.

Through small gaps between Nulls fingers, he could see strands of blood diluting the water around his neck. Error gently cradled him in one arm while reaching out to move his youngest hands away.

His pinpricks widened at the jagged gashes in his sons neck. It seemed as if something clawed at them.

"Null, how did this happened? WHAT DID THIS?!" Error forced himself not to sound to demanding, but the smaller still flinched back.

"I-I found a closed shell, a-and tried to open it but then i did I-it..." Nulls nose scrunched up, thinking over the event. "A weird creature spit something at me. It started to burn and I tried to get it off but..." His hands cupped around his wounded neck once again. Pain flash in his every movement. Void was beside him, hand resting on his tail, eyes glowing with concern.

Error felt horrible seeing this. How could he let something like this happen? 'I'm a terrible father!'

First he needed to heal the wound. "Null, you have to be more carful next time! What if that thing had spit into your sockets or your SOUL. It could have done some serious damage." Error murmured gently. "Now, I need you to be still for a moment. I'm going to heal you." The smaller nodded and mumbled a soft 'ok'.

Error gently moved Nulls hands away ignoring the pained whine of protest. As softly as he could, he formed his strings and placed them on around the wounds.

Null whined and tried hard not to struggle against is fathers grip, knowing he was trying to help, but the pain was almost unbearable. But soon, the strings glowed in a calm soothing light, almost stopping the harsh pain in his neck. Nulls body relaxed and leaned into his daddy's grip.

By the time Error pulled away, Null was out. From the physical and mental stress of the situation and the numbing effects to his healing, it wasn't a surprise Null fell asleep. Error cradled him and nodded for the youngest to follow. He then turned and with a wave of his tail glided through the water towards their make shift home.

Void swam closely beside his father. He felt his SOUL thump painfully in fear and worry. Seeing his big brother laying limply, he seemed to finally get the courage to speak. "I-is Null going to be ok?" He squeak softly.

Error froze to that question. They were right out side the entrance to the cavern. Error turned to his youngest, heart breaking further to see his watery eyes. He wanted to avoid this question at all cost. But he knew he couldn't shrug it off and definitely not lie. With a sigh he gave the most honest answer he could find. "The bleedings stopped but his neck still damaged. It might take some time to fully heal this... but I'm sure he'll be ok." Void wiped his tears and nodded, his answer seeming to satisfy the youngest.

Error turned and slipped into the caver and over to their make-shift bed. Gently he laid Null in the middle of the bed before further examining his injuries. It seemed moving him reopened a few scratches. The gashes were deep and would most likely leave a scar. 'I'm a terrible father! Who could I let this happen? Now he's going to be scared for life because I was to busy having my head in the clouds!'

He resummoned his strings and gently wrapped a few loosely around his neck. After he was sure Null was ok, he backed away. Void slipped through his arms to be beside his brother. When Error pulled away, he got closer and curled in his side. Error was going to nudge him away, but decided there had been enough stress for the day. And besides, it was almost bedtime any way.

He settled down next to them, laying his tail around them gently in a protective loop.

His eyes wandered up to the shells that hung from thin blue threads from the ceiling. He had set them up the day after the boys collected them. Not only were they pretty, through out the day they reflected beautiful colors that streaked across the walls, but also as an alarm. If anything entered the cave, they would run into the strings and the shells would clank together. The rest of the shell were simply scattered about on the floor and natural shelves in uneven stacks.

He turned his sockets back to the boys. Void seemed to have drifted as well, snuggled close to his brother from under Errors grip. Null seemed to be fine, his breathing slow but even. Error decided to stay up that night, checking every so often to make sure Null was stable and to change the strings.

With his full focus on his son, he was unaware of the silhouette entering the area, and bunkering down not to far away.

He was still alive, and for now he was free. But what price will he pay for his freedom?

If his said freedom even last.