5-A familiar face

Chapter start

Error readied himself at the edge of the cavern he and the boys called home.

After making a meal of the strange strawberry tasting orange colored fruit, Error decided to gather a few for later, letting the boys carry them on their lap in the bag. They weren't that big, being the size of an avocado, so it was easy to harvest enough to last for a while.

He also decided to husk a few of the vines, taking the long slender leaves at their very bottom, to lay on the cavern floor so the boys can play with out scraping their scales on the bare rock.

But when they arrived back at their home, just as the sun began to set, Errors every sense heightened. The thick stench of blood and rot seeped out of their cavern.

Almost automatically he backed away, hand wrapped around the satchel were the boys were nestled. Null and Void seemed to tense inside as their father reacted to this smell.

Slowly, seeing no danger around them, he slid off the satchel and the boys into a small crevice near him. Null hesitantly poked his head out of the fabric and up at his dad.

"Stay." Error grunted out, keeping his voice low but stern, ensuring his little one something was about to go down.

With a small nod, Null ducked back into the satchel.

With a second glance to make sure the boys were safe, he slipped towards the edge of the cavern.

Closer now, Error tensed even more at the sound of clanking shells. As slowly as he can he edges closer to peer down into the cavern.

There, entangled in the hanging strings, was another mer. The darkness made it impossible for Error to make out who it was. But honestly, would it matter?

As Error sat there trying to determine how to fix this situation the stranger caught sight of him. Burning red eyes, wide with fear bored into the destroyer for a moment before they began to thrash violently, hissing weak warnings.

The violent movement and hissing triggered something inside of Error. With a deep growl rising in his own throat he charged into the cave, claws outstretched. The stranger yowled in alarm as Error tackled him.With the destroyers speed and strength, the impact snapped the strings holding the intruder, sending them to the rocky floor.

Taking the others shock into advantage, Error pined him down by his shoulders, growling deeply.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Error roared down to the intruder.

"P-please! I'm s-sorry! Have mercy!" The intruder gasped out as Error loomed over him. Error tensed at this. Flashing back to all the times he said the same thing through beatings or his own self-harm, his grip on the intruder loosened. Not enough for the other to escape but for his grip to not inflict pain on the other.

Forcing himself out of his past he looked down at the other. Now in the light of the luminous coral, Error could make out who the intruder is. Almost immediately he backed off at the sight of the salmon colored scales and a golden tooth.

"You?" Error breathed out, trying to figure out why the Fell Sans was here and not in the territory he was in before. The other was just as socked. Scrambling to sit up he squinted to make sure it was really the mer he ran into before.

"Please! I'll do anything! God please don't EAT me!" The Fell whimpered out, pressing himself as hard as he could against the wall behind him.

Error was utterly confused at this. Eat him? Why would he think he'd eat him?

"Hey, I'm not going to eat you." He reinsured. The Fell looked at him in slight shock.

"Really? But you're.... I mean... I just assumed..." he stuttered, flushing in embarrassment and fear under the others gaze.

"I'll ask again, what are you doing here?" Error said, softer this time, cutting off his stuttering. This Sans could do anything at any moment. He was a Sans after all. But at the same time he didn't seem to be a threat at the moment.

The Fell took a deep breath, calming his soul that pounded against his ribcage. "I was just trying to find I place to hide. I'm... not really in any position to be out in broad daylight as you can see." The Fell lifted his tail, a large chunk was taken out of his back along with large claw marks on his sides.

Errors eyes widened in slight surprise. How could he not notice such severe injuries on the smaller?

Seeing the others shock, the Fell spoke up. "All I need to do is heal myself and my fins will grow back, so it's not as bad as you may think..."

Error frowned at this. He'd have to help heal him or at least try. He couldn't let the Fell do this on his own. But for now he needed to get the boys.

"Hold on one second, I'll help you with that when I get back." Before the Fell could protest, Error turned and excited the cave.

He glided over to the crevice and gently picked up the bag. The two baby bones inside squeaked in fright until they saw it was just their daddy.

"What happened? I heard yelling." Null asked, his eyes wide with fear. Void reached out to be held, his body shuttering.

Error took both of them out of the satchel and let the nuzzle into his chest.

"There is someone in the cavern, but it's ok. Their hurt and daddy's going to help him." He answer to Null while reinsuring them both.

The two baby bones nodded in understanding, knowing their father can help him just like he helped them.

Error held them close as he reentered their home.

Error hummed to get the others attention before speaking. "These are my sons, Null" he motioned to the older before the younger, "and void." 

Both boys smiled sweetly at the injured mer in front of them.

The Fell looked up in surprise not realizing the other had guppies.

Error then motioned to himself. "And I'm Error. Welcome to our... cave I guess."

Fell ducked his head in a somewhat nod like gesture that Error could only assume was a sort of greeting. "I'm Red. Thank you... for not killing me a moment ago."

Error wanted to comment on how easy it would have been to do so, but a soft yaw from Void interrupted him.

Him and Null looked rather tired. With a small glance out the entrance he could see the darkness. Right, the boys need sleep...

"I'm going to put the boys to bed. Once their asleep, I'll help you out with your tail."