Disgraceful Me.

When Rue got home from school and work she went upstairs like usual. Her mother was cooking her father and brothers yelling over the football game.

She went up stairs and closed the door she sighed. She got her laptop and started looking for apartments. She like to plan ahead. So when she got out of high school she would already have her apartment. While doing that she listened to Chicago by Michael Jackson the beat on the song was sick to her. It blasted to through her headphones, she imagined singing Chicago at the chorus concert she laughed it off.

Rue heard the doorbell, she didn't move because she knew it wasn't for her. She just kept bobbing her head to the music. She kept looking at apartments she found one near the university in her town she was interested all she needed to do is to get someone to co-sign for it. She had enough money to live in it and have rent.

Rue got up and played on her keyboard that she bought it could make beats and everything. She bought it for herself for Christmas. She plugged in her DJ headphones and went to work on the song that Mrs.Irving gave her. The version that Mrs.Irving gave her was the one she liked with Stevie Wonder in it.

"525,600 minutes, 525,000 journeys to plan.

525,600 minutes, how do you measure the life of a woman or man?" Rue stop singing when I knock came to her door. She opened the door to find Darren standing there with his arms crossed.

"What do you want Darren?" Rue said half way about to close the door in his face.

"Mom said come down stairs we have to welcome the new neighbors." Darren said smirking.

"We'll go welcome them,"Rue closed the door."Must be out they damn mind."Every neighbor Rue had she didn't like. Every family that had a girl her age she was stuck up, and skinny. She didn't want to waste her time on another family.

"LèRue True Morgan, get down stairs and meet this lovely family." Her dad called. He used her middle name when he tried to be serious. Rue put down her headphones and walked down stairs.

"Wow, I'm surprised you know my middle name." Rue told her father. He gave her a look that tried to scare her but she didn't give a crap.Then she turned to see Vince and his family.

"This is the Rizzo Family they just moved in next door."Summer looked at the family the dad looked like he was a leader of a mob or something, the mom was skinny and had too much make up, the little girl looked innocent but looks can deceive you, and then there was the worst of all Vince the King.

"Well, enjoy the house next door and have a nice life." Rue walked back up stairs. 'Down there wasting my time.' she thought and went back to playing on her keyboard. She thought she had peace until a knock came to her door. She saw her brothers standing there.

"What do you want now?"

"Dad wants you to come down and be apart of the family and dinner is ready."

"Oh,Really? Is that so?" Rue push pass her brothers and walked down stairs. Everyone sat at the dinner table the only seat that was open was by Vince.'If I have to sit by his irrelevant tail so help me god' Rue thought. When she saw where her brothers were sitting she got relived. They sat right next to him but she had to sit across from him. Vince's little sister sat right next to her.

Her mother had cooked meatloaf, mash potatoes, macaroni and cheese, rolls, and green beans. All through dinner her mother had talked to Jessie. Had gotten to know her even offered to go shopping with her. Rue felt her blood boil, her mother treated Jessie as if she was her daughter. Something in Rue's head snapped. 'I don't belong here, I don't feel comfortable here, so why the hell am I here? I have enough money to get me an apartment, I have a job all I have to do is move out. Looks like I'm buying that apartment tonight'Rue thought.

Rue didn't touch her food. She just listened of how her parents compare her to her brothers and wish that she was more like them. She snapped she got up from the table and started to walk up the stairs until her father spoke.

"Where do you think your going Rue."Rue tired her head slowly. When did she become the person of interest?

"Like you care,"Rue spoke back her voice a bit deeper, and venom in her voice."Like anyone cares."

"Oh, now your talking back?"

"Isn't that how a conversation goes?"Rue stared at her father with intense coldness in her eyes.

"Respect your father young lady."Her mother said. Everyone got quiet in the middle of there separate conversation

"What?I answered his question it's actually surprising."

"What is that suppose to mean?"Her father said.

"You are actually talking to me, like you care at all."

"Well you are apart of this family."

"Ha!"Rue laughed bitterly."I was never apart of this family, no matter how much of blood I have from this family, no matter how many family dinners we have I am not apart of it.I'm a black sheep totally different from y'all. Not even apart of the triplets I consider my self separate you know nothing about me."

"We do know something about you sweetie! We do care!"Her went to hug her but she stepped back a few steps.

"If you know me, What is my favorite thing to do? What is my favorite color? What shirt size am I? What is my favorite T.V show? "

Her father and mother couldn't answer the questions, found their selfs speechless.

"Like I thought."

"How come you can't be like your brothers!?"Her father yelled at her.

"I never wanted to be like them, those stuck up, unreliable siblings that are supposed to be my twin brothers. They never was there when I was down! They never was there when I got builled! They never protected me and loved me! They treated me like utter crap you want me to be like them! You have lost your mind if you think I want to be them. While you spoil them I working and I have to buy my own clothes because you don't know what size I am. While they were getting anything I was get nothing but hate and torture and you want me to be like them.This family is a model family! Y'all are all good looking and I am me! So why don't I just make this family picture perfect, I'm leaving.Mom, Dad, and twins congrats you are now the perfect family you are meant to be." Her father stood in shock at his daughters words. Everyone looked in shock. Rue went up stairs with her hands clenched in ball. She closed the door so hard that the house echoed.

Rue packed everything she didn't have much clothes just three boxes. She pack all her musical equipment and instruments and she made a call to

Mrs.Irving.

"Mrs.Irving I'm coming over to spend the night a couple of days."

"Ok, well your room is already clean so you can come on over."

"Thank you."Rue hung up.Rue walked down stairs to put the boxes in her car.

"Where are you going to go? You ain't got no place to live."Devin said in a smart tone.

"Don't you fucking worry about it."Rue said closing the truck. She went back in and found every family picture and cut her body out of it. She found a match and burned them. She cranked her car and rolled down the window to find her family standing at the window.

"Have a nice life, you should be happy you don't have to look at the disgrace I am. Disgraceful me. You can continue with you dinner and welcoming the neighbors. You look like a happy family now." She rolled up her windows and drove off. She drove where ever her mind took her.