8

[Charm]

I tossed Dave my keys because I wasn't in the mood for driving, I felt like a girl who's parents caught her doing things she know they wouldn't be proud of.

"Home?"

I shrugged cause it really didn't matter to me after he just lowkey shut me down and made me leave the club. One thing that stuck out to me was his manliness, he wasn't afraid to speak his mind or say what he wanted or needed to say. He seemed like a really chill person he's only been here for a week and I liked having him around, he had that... thug mentality and those were the kind I was warned about.

"You hungry? Got any fast food joints around here?"

"Like, McDonalds?"

He chuckled. "Not necessarily McDonalds, but maybe... a burger joint of some sort."

"Oh, not that I know of. As you see, we kind of eat expensive everyday. Pizza was my normal meal when you got it the other day."

"Oh damn, well maybe y'all will come up to Harlem one day, i'll take you to some bomb ass spots. I mean like smack your moms spot."

I let out a low laugh and rubbed my hand on my arm as he cranked up the car. I put our address in the gps cause I wasn't really feeling no food either. "Nah, it's cool. It's already late, I know my Aunt will be up when we get back wondering where I was."

"I understand, you say you twenty-"

"Two."

He nodded slowly while one hand rested on the steering wheel and the other he used to talk with something I noticed he did.

"Have you been wanting to move out or?"

"I could, I mean.. I'm trying, I know they would just freak out and maybe have security all around the house or wherever I decide to stay. They do everything to keep me safe." I shook my head cause it was honestly crazy, yes there was psychos around but you can't stop everything that happens to you.

"Your Uncle just looking out for you, that's all. The way I see it, I think he wants to see you mature some more, not saying you not already. He wants you to be with someone that'll do you better then he does you. I can tell you right now he doesn't like what's his face."

I scuffed and rolled my eyes looking out the window. "Quincy? Yeah, I know he says it all the time. He has no choice considering the fact his dad live a few houses down and they like some big Moguls you could say."

"Yeah, bruh do seem kind of... on the soft side."

I rolled my eyes for the 80th time tonight as if he could see me because I was facing the window. "He's just different."

"What's your definition on different?"

I turned away from the window and looked at him trying to figure out how Quincy was different, how could I describe this nigga.

"I'm not really sure, honestly.. I haven't even been introduced to different."

"I didn't expect you to know. Your young, have fun while you can. Don't rush things, cause after awhile a lot of things will change and all this shit that's going on now, you not going to give a fuck about it later.