19

Charm

"This is a very pretty color Kairi."

"Its cute." She wiggled her freshly painted toes that I had just painted for her cause she saw me painting mine earlier. I could go get mine done if I wanted to but I am particular about who touches my feet and not to mention my hair. My nail tech was out of town so that left me to put a lil something together just for the next two days and she'll be here to fix me up. On the other hand Kairi would blankly put her feet on me while we watched her cartoons indicating she was next to get her toes painted. Dave had stepped out to get little snacks for him and Kairi cause apparently I didn't have anything they liked and I didn't know when he was coming back, not that I minded or anything because HE AINT MY MAN. I sighed to myself and ran my hands through Kairi curls.

"Girl, when's the last time your daddy washed your hair? It's a little dry." I giggled.

"I dunno. He mess it up."

"I can tell. C'mon I can wash it while we wait for him."

She jumped up clapping her hands and running down the hall. "Slow down missy." I laughed and met her in the bathroom.

"Uh oh. I gotta go."

"Where ya going?"

"To potty."

I held up my hands shaking my head "go for it." While she did her business in the bathroom I went to the sink to get the water adjusted.

-

Dave

When I got back in the house was quiet so I assumed they were hiding from me or something I don't know. I shrugged it off and started to put the food away. When I got to Ayana's room her and Kairi were laid out. I shook my head and went to pick up Kairi but she moved closer to Ayana and that made something in my heart feel warm. I began to take off my shirt,sweats and shoes and I got in beside them pulling Ayana closer to me.

"I'm not sleep."

"Well you fooled me." I kissed the back of her neck. "Y'all had fun?"

"Of course. I washed her hair, painted her toes."

"You washed her hair?"

"Yeah she said you don't do it right."

"Well I try okay. Its not that easy"

"Not to you."

"I think she likes you... a lot."

"How can u tell? Y'all only been here 3 or 4 days."

"She's comfortable around you. She hasn't mean mugged you yet."

"I mean what is it not to like about me."

"I like you."  I started to rub my hands down her sides but she quickly put that to a stop, was that too fast? I've done it before or is it because Kai in here?

"I like you too David."