11

Dave

I had to leave a day early because I got a call my cousin, Lorenzo got shot outside the Harlem Library, just gang related stuff. They said he'll be okay, but family is always first so I just wanted to be here. I was texting Ayana back she was making sure everything was okay and Lorenzo asked me what I was smiling about.

"Oh, nothing."

"It's something that got you smiling that hard, a girl? Maybe?"

"I wouldn't say all that cuzzo."

"So it is." He chuckled and I laughed. "What's she like?"

"Well, she not really... in my grasps but she could be, she's the uhh.. my intern niece."

"Oh damn, is that risky?"

I shrugged. "She's really, cool... try to act hard but I know she really not. As a matter of fact she supposed to be here tomorrow, well down in Tribeca for some modeling shit."

"She a model? Damn cuz, I ain't know you had it like that."

I laughed and shook my head. "No, I don't.. she's really cool. Can't really describe her personality."

-
After visiting my cousin, I went back to my crib which was not too far from Broadway. I had a nice fun size condo in a building above a club that was popular but I rarely visited because I liked to stay low sometimes.

I heard a knock on my door and I groaned pausing my movie getting back up from my couch. They knocked again and I yelled to the door. "I'm coming!"

I swung open the door and in came Tasha, I rolled my eyes in annoyance because I just got back and I wasn't up for her bullshit today.

"Oh, you back? Where the hell you been! You can fly to Miami but can't take me nor yo baby?" She practically shoved Kairi, my daughter in my arms.

"Tasha, we not a thing. You just my baby moms. I told you." I kissed Kairi's face and she held onto me tight. I don't understand what the problem was. I FaceTime them when I was away, I sent money, I made sure they was straight.

"Okay, and i'll always be here because of that."

"Enough about me, who these niggas you been having around Kairi huh?"

She waved me off and rolled her eyes. "Just some friends."

"Just some friends? I don't like that shit Tasha and you know it, different niggas in and out yo crib and Kairi sees that shit!"

"David please, she only 2."

"I don't give a fuck if she was 12 or 21, look man... when I get my shit right. She all mine, Kairi the best thing that ever happened to me and I ain't letting you fuck that up."

"In your dreams your dumb ass can't- you know what, let me go, I got a nail appointment. I'll be back to get her later." She said her goodbyes to Kairi then she left.

"Guess it's just you and me sugar foot."