22

[Dave]

"I think your uncle maybe in some type of trouble."

"If it has anything to do with his business, it's trouble."

"Ayana what do you have against it, it's clean money."

"It's half clean mostly dirty. You think those are just cars? He's doing it El Chapo style, putting the drugs in the car in places you'd never think of."

"I know, but he's good at it. He got cop friends, lawyers who all get a share of what he's making."

"And what you think about the guns?"

I shrugged cause guns are just guns everybody had a gun. "And what you think about your car? Or your crib?"

"This isn't about me." She quickly changed the subject cause I know she didn't have a comeback for that. "All I'm saying is, it killed my parents, it could kill him and you."

"Ohhh sounds like you care about me."

"I care that you have a daughter and if something happens to you she'll be in a foster care cause you always say you all she got."

"Not if I make you mine, she'll have you too."

She sighed while putting up the last dish and I grinned hard and then came the eye rolling.

"Dave shut up, do you even know what you want right now?"

"I'm figuring it out, if you let me."

"Okay, well what is this as of now? You're staying here...visiting? I mean what's up?"

I shrugged because I haven't really thought about what I was doing, it was like I kind of packed bags and got up and left New York.

"I honestly-"

bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz

I picked up my phone walking out the kitchen to the living room. "I have to take this."

-

"Yo?"

"Aye B, where you at? Its some niggas all over Harlem looking for you kid."

"Looking for me? Who?"

"I don't know, but I think it's them niggas who killed ya baby moms."

"You telling me the cops ain't find them niggas yet? And they looking for me?" I chuckled because what could they possibly want from me.

"I'm out- actually don't even worry about it Smoke i'll find out myself. Preciate' it for telling me."

"No doubt." I walked back in and Kairi and Ayana was on the couch watching Boss Baby this was probably their 5th time watching it today but Ayana didn't say anything.

"Everything okay?"

I sighed. "I may have to go to Harlem."

"Why? All of us? Or just you?"

"I don't wanna lie to you, I just got a call someone looking for me."

"Looking for you? What do you mean?"

I shrugged scratching my head. "It maybe Tasha's killers." I started to walk to the kitchen to pour me a drink and she quickly got up and followed me.

"How do you know for a fact? I don't think you should go. You can't just go back to Harlem cause somebody looking for you, and you don't know why. I can't let you leave Kairi here too."

"I'm not about to let no niggas punk me out."

"David, listen to yourself. You just left Harlem why would you wanna go back?"

"I'm buying my ticket tonight and I'm leaving in the morning." I took my Smirnoff to the head and placed my glass in the sink going towards her room leaving her in the kitchen. I didn't want her to think I didn't care because I did but I also needed to know who the fuck was looking for me and why.