Chapter One

DISCLAIMER 

This is my FIRST DRAFT, so there will be many errors that I haven't fixed yet. Please be mindful that I will have grammar mistakes and be respectful of that. Also keep in mind that this is MY story and the author has the power to write what he or she wants. 

Everything in the book is a work of FICTION and I twisted things around to make it enjoyable. 

I hope y'all enjoy reading the last book of the Release Me Trilogy!

***

"No doubt endings are hard, but then again, nothing ever really ends does it?"

- Chuck Shurley 

***

Thea 

The cold air pierce through my skin as I stand on the highest point of the building looking down at New York City. People run through the streets with a purpose and I stand there watching quietly as I see everything unfold. A powerful wind rips through the air and I close my eyes at the sudden impact, opening them back I stand on the doorsteps of my family's cabin.

Looking around I see snow on the ground and covering the trees like a blanket. Stepping off of the stairs leading to the cabin, I walk into the snow and shiver from the cold. In a distance I see a familiar man standing by the weeping willow. His brown hair moves against the cold wind and his green eyes shine as the sun reflects from in. The smile warms my heart like it always does and fills it with hope.

"Jake?"

He steps closer to me and I gasp as I see his face. "Hey princess."

Tears start to blur my vision and I start to run towards him, but each step I take the further away he gets. I stop to catch my breath and look up at him still standing by the tree smiling at me. "I am dreaming, aren't I?"

He nods. "I am okay, Thea."

"What do you mean?"

"I am happy and I think it's time you let yourself be happy too."

"I got you killed Jake," I cry out.

"No, you didn't," he assures me. "You need to let go, Thea."

"Let go?"

Jake smiles at me and he starts to fade away. "I love you princess."

"Wait!" I yell. "No, come back!"

I start to run towards him and this time I push myself harder to get closer to him. The ground starts to spin under me and I stand still while watching everything start to disappear. Closing my eyes, I wait for everything to stop moving and crouch down to my knees.

Suddenly everything stops and I open my eyes back up to see pitch darkness everywhere. There is no snow, no cabin, no trees, just the cold. The reality of where I am settles inside me and I lean my head back against the wall.

Closing my eyes Asher comes to mind and his deep brown eyes staring into mine. The promise he made in the car before all hell broke loose still rings in my head.

"I realized that I might get hurt from doing this, but you are worth every damn pain. When this is all over will you, Thea Cahill, accompany me to a date?"