Chapter Nine

*** 

"You don't need everyone to love you, just a few good people." 

- Charity Barum   

***

Thea 

I keep my mouth shut and continue to stare at him. I can feel Zeke tense up behind me as the Tsar continues to walk towards me.

"You know I agreed that you can marry her just because you said you can calm her," he says smirking.

"I am sorry, we are only having a bit of a misunderstanding. We actually were going back to my mum's house."

"Oh well don't let me stop you then Zeke but I will like to talk to Thea alone for a second if you don't mind."

I turn to look at Zeke hoping he has a bit of humanity left in him to not leave me alone with this psycho. He looks at me and I swear I saw a look of guilt flash in his eyes before he bows his head.

"As you wish," he tells the Tsar before turning to me. "I will be waiting at the house."

Zeke walks away leaving me to deal with the Tsar all alone. Great.

"Come Thea. I actually have someone I think you would like to meet."

Sadly I follow behind him but keep a safe distance. I honestly don't know where I am going since the house is so big and basically all the halls look alike. I would have thought this is a beautiful house if I didn't know the devils who live here.

"What is your real name?" I ask breaking the silence.

"And why do you want to know?"

I shrug. "Just curious."

"Well Thea, didn't anyone tell you that curiosity killed the cat."

"Cat's have nine lives," I retort.

"Indeed but if you must know my first name is Nicholas."

"What do you want from me Nicholas," I ask.

"I am taking you to meet someone."

"Why are you forcing a marriage on me?"

"I thought Archer explained that you."

"He did."

"Then why ask the question."

Sighing I give up on asking him anymore questions and I follow him in silence. Once we reach the room I slowly follow him into what looks like an office room. There are shelves filled with books, a couch, a desk, and a laptop. What really caught my eye is the man standing near the window with his back facing me.

"Mark!" Nicholas yells.

The man quickly turns around and a pair of green eyes that look strikingly familiar. I would have thought he is around his late 20's if it wasn't for his gray hair and aged face that probably came with heavy stress. Weirdly enough as I am studying this man he seems to be doing the same.

"Mark meet Thea Cahill," Nicholas says.

It seems as if his whole body froze as he said those words while I stand there in confusion.

"Thea meet Marcus D'Angelo owner of the Royal Estates."

As his name rolled off of his tongue my body tensed and I felt like my heart had just dropped. As I look into his eyes I can see Caleb staring back at me, I can see the man Raph despises so much, and the man that destroyed my mother.