Chapter Two

***

"Your a diamond dear, they can't break you." 

- Pravinee Hurbungs 

***

Thea

My dirty shoes squeak against the cold white tiles underneath me as I walk through the grand halls of where I am being held captive. I had thought that we would be in a dirty old building like last time, but instead everywhere I look are priceless paintings and objects that it leaves my mouth open. The ceilings are a beautiful shade of white and scattered with chandeliers.

We reach a set of huge door and it slowly opens to reveal a huge room with a table and chairs in the middle. The room is just as extravagant as the hallways if not even more. There is a huge chandelier hanging in the middle of the room as well as beautiful engravings on the walls. A man in black is seated on the head chair but I can't see his face since he has his back to me. As I am trying to get a glimpse of the man one of the guards push me forward making me tumble down. I shoot the guard a death glare and quickly get up. He just smirks and I am just about ready to wipe it from his face when a booming voice breaks through room.

"Thea Woods," he says with a smooth silky voice. I grip my hands together so, I won't punch the man for saying my last name.

He finally turns around to reveal a man that is in his late twenties with dark brown hair and a beard making its way on his face. He is wearing a dark suit that outlines his jaw dropping body perfectly. The man comes to a stop a few feet away from me and gives me a smug look. For some reason my mind goes back to the year I spent in prison and his face seems to blur together in my distant memory.

"Who are you?" I ask.

He raises his eyebrow and smiles. "Try thinking a bit back Thea."

I clutch my hand together tightly that it is turning a pale shade of white. The man seems to notice because a smirk appears on his face.

"I guess I am not being fair I mean you never really met me before," he says walking around me. "However you have personally met my father."

I know exactly who is father is. He was the man who had kidnapped me and held me hostage for the Tech. I also remember that Asher blew him up and his gang while trying to help me but something seems to be missing. The man standing before me looks nothing like the disgusting man I saw a year back.

"Ah you seem to be remembering."

Is this revenge?

"Well since you remember my father let's cut to the chase. I actually want to thank you and your group of friends I mean you guys saved me one less death to deal with."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"You seem to be confused. Let me clear it up, come."

He claps his hands and all the guards bow down in front of him. "Release her."

"But sir-"

"Follow my orders or suffer the consequence," he says darkly.

He doesn't hesitate as he unties the cuffs and the man walks forwards making me follow him. We exit the room and the halls to enter a garden.

"I am the second son of the feared Bratva leader. My older brother is the next to reign after my father steps down but I wanted it and I will do anything for my father's position, even kill."

He speaks as if this is a normal conversation as we walk through the garden. I would have stopped to admire the beauty if the man in front of me didn't speak so darkly.

"When your crew set that bomb off it killed my father and brother which made me the next tasar of the Bratva saving me from any messy work."

This man disgusts me, I don't even think I can classify him as a man. He was ready to kill his own father and brother for power.

"Although your brother still owes me money and I am not a man of easy trade Mrs. Woods."

"I don't have any money to offer," I mumble.

"But you do, the Tech alone is worth over a million dollars."

"You have the Plans and I am the one who owes you money not Asher."

"Mr. Martinez and I aren't the best of friends Woods nor is Walker. They being here is more of a personal issue but with you it's more of a business issue. "

"I don't understand."

"You will soon enough, but until then you will stay here along with Martinez and Walker. "

My heart drops at his decree but I keep my face emotionless. I am not going to show him how weak I am. Again he claps his hands and two guards appear.

Does this man have magical hands or something?

"Take her away," he orders.

Honestly those three words are music to my ears because all I want to do is be in Asher's presence at the moment. I gladly walk with the guards but yet again my heart drops as they push me through a door and into a bedroom that looks nothing like the cell I occupied in before. I quickly turn around and yank on the handles but they are closed shut. I slip down onto the floor and burry my head between my legs.

What the hell am I supposed to do now?  

***

Vote, comment, and share :)