Pre-Stage

hello again! thanks for reading! c:

{edited}

____________________________

Watching the country scenery go by, the trees and grassy fields, to myself thinking. Greens, browns, yellows all mixed together, fall weather.

I glanced from the window to the mirror my step-mum was using. She was fixing her lipstick, slightly smirking at me.

"How are you back there? Excited to be going to boarding school?"

You're just glad to get rid of me. I smiled at her sweetly, "I sure am."

The car lurched as my father turned into the school parking lot. The students were all hanging out outside of the school, some sitting in the grass yard beyond the gate, where the students walked in. There was girl cliques, guy cliques, and some of them mixed as well. I could see the different kinds of cliques that were all in the yard. The nerds, jocks, class clowns, normal, punks, and all kinds of other people.

"Good luck honey."

My step-mum kissed my cheek quickly, handing me a paper then moving back towards the car. I tried to wipe the lipstick off my cheeks, getting it off surprisingly. My father stood with his hands in his pockets.

"Good luck son."

He nodded his head then went back to the car. I sighed and picked up my suitcase, not turning to watch then leave. I didn't care.

Everyone stared at me, I kept my head down. Walking along shuffling my feet, and looking up and down at the paper in my hands to know where I was going.

There was a building that looked older, light colored stone, with a tall point and big wooden doors. The church. The other buildings looked like a normal school, just a little more fancier and gothic looking I guess. I stopped and looked at the name on the sign in the yard, this was my dorm house, my room looked to be on the second floor of three floors, perfect.

I headed inside of the building, walking along then finding the stairs, taking them while trying to find my room. I didn't know what to except from this place. New school, new friends, new teachers, new things. I didn't know if I could handle it all, but I guess I had to try.

231 found it.

I knocked at first, no one answered then I just walked in. I flew open the door and awkwardly walked into the room with my suitcase closing the door behind me.

A boy was sitting on the bench in front of a bed, a cigarette in his hand. He had black combat boots on, black skinny jeans, and a white button up tucked into his jeans. His eyes lined with black eyeliner, a black lip ring evident on his lip. He put the cigarette to his mouth, taking a drag with an eyebrow raised.

He breathed the smoke out towards me before asking, "Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Michael, you're new roommate." I spoke with no emotion, I stood to see what else he had to say.

"My name's Ashton and I just have a few simple rules or you."

He stood up, putting the cigarette to death by stabbing it into a ashtray sitting boy his foot. He moved it to his nightstand quickly and turned back around to me.

"Rule one, don't touch any of my stuff. I'll beat your ass if you do. Rule two, I'll sometimes go to the bathroom for long periods at a time, don't bother asking why or even care. And three."

He walked closer to me, standing right in my face, slightly shorter than me. "Stay the fuck outta my way."

I wasn't scared of this boy, just another punk kid who was looking for trouble. I smiled sickeningly sweet, his expression didn't change.

"Oh don't worry, I won't be a bother..." I moved aside to let him through. He eyed me up and down, rolling his eyes and following it by slamming the door on his way out.