Stage Four

Hi there!

Feedback is welcomed!

I'm in school suppose to be working...Oops?

Sorry this is short, the next one will maybe be a little longer...

{Edited}

Thanks! c:

_____________________________

<Ashton's POV>

I didn't come out of the bathroom for a long time, sitting and hiding like a coward. I replayed what happened over and over in my head, going through and seeing if something could've happened between us...

No it couldn't.

Around nine, there was a soft knock on the door and a voice following.

"Ashton? I need the bathroom."

I started at the door, wanting Michael to go away, but I knew that he wouldn't until i got out. I wiped my face with my hands and stood up. I checked myself to see if I still looked alright, and opened the door. Michael was over by his bed, I quickly walked over to mine, making no eye contact.

"Thanks." Michael left, going into the bathroom, the shower ran. I sighed and grabbed a cigarette, lighting it along with my worries.

I looked out the window, staring out and feeing as black as the night itself. I wasn't getting better, I was getting worse.

The five new cuts stung a little, but that's normal for me. I stapped the cigarette into the ashtray, deicing to just get some sleep instead of staying up later. I didn't want to see Michael again until I had too in the morning.

I pulled out my phone, I had seven messages from Sarah, all wanting to go to some damn party tomrrow. I quickly typed a no. She understands me, and doesn't respond 'cause she knows she'll get nowhere with my stubbornness. I laid down in my bed, pulling at the covers to put them over me, then close my eyes to sleep.

The bathroom door opened, Michael's out of the shower. He's probably only in his boxers, going to bed like I am. I keep my eyes shut as I hear him sigh and lay down in his bed.

"What the hell do I do?" He whispered to himself.

Does he think this is his fault? If anything it's mine, I took his notebook and was teasing him with it...it's my fault.

The covers ruffle and he's into bed and I soon drift to sleep too.

🚬

My eyes met Michael's from across the room, I couldn't help it. There was something about him I couldn't seem to stop thinking or wondering about him. He looked away, my eyes twitching to his lips, seeing a small smile on them.

"Oh my god he's so weird." Sarah proclaimed.

I was curious so I decided to but in. "Who do you mean?"

"Michael. I mean look at him."

I took a peak at Michael, he was biting his lip then laughed.

"How is he weird?" She gave me a look. "What?"

"He just is. To me, his hair is ridiculous and he's seems quite stupid..."

I didn't reply, staring down at the table while playing with my fingers. I played with my lip ring, glancing briefly to see that Michael was looking at me. A slight blush snuck it's way onto my face, I tired to hide it.

"The bell's about to ring, we'll be right back Ashton." Sarah left with her friends, going to dump their trays, I nodded at her.

I wanted to tell Michael I was sorry for running out yesterday. I got freaked out and I'm not sure what the hell was going on. It was a feeling I wasn't use to, the way his eyes were glued to mine, I can't explain it. And his lips looked so good at that moment, they honestly always do.

Michael glanced over towards me licking his lip then looking away. I watched him smile, looking down at the table chuckling. Sarah came by and said something, I nodded and she left. I didn't care what she said nor did I even hear.

The bell rang and I took my time, building up the courage to tell him sorry as he walked towards me to leave.

I took a deep breath. "Hey. Michael!"

He tuned around and looked at me with his eyebrows lifted, confused. I caught up with him.

It was quiet for a while, until I blurted out "I'm sorry." I waited a moment after I spoke then started rambling about it. "-I wasn't sure what was going on and I was confused and"-

He laughed, looking at me. "It's fine. Don't worry about it."

I let out the breath I was holding as I spoke, a smile pulling at my lips. He smiled back and I hit him in the shoulder. "So...we're good?"

He nodded before entering his class. "Yeah, we're good."