20

JORDAN CARTER.

"I still don't understand your motives for doing what you did but thank you." I mumbled rubbing my face staring at Darwin's pale face in the hospital bed.

Instead of Darwin shooting me he shot hisself after Andy tackled him to the ground tussling around for the gun.

If Andy hadn't came at the time he did I could've died right then and there. I have thanked him over a million of times for saving me. Too bad we couldn't save Michael.

"Aye you ready bro?" Andy asked snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked over at him sighing deeply before nodding.

"Rest in hell pops." I muttered rising to my feet and placing a kiss on his cold forehead.

"Come on man." Andy said gripping my shoulder since I kept staring at Darwin.

Shrugging his hand off my shoulder I shook my head before exiting the room as I heard rapid footsteps following close behind me.

"Where to next?"

I pressed the button on the elevator so it can open up and we can get on.

"To go see Ayleo." I said clearing my throat before looking over at Andy.

"I need some answers."

•••••••••••••••••••••

"J-Jordan I don't think that's something I'm r-ready to talk about." Ayleo stuttered shifting around in his seat as I glared him down from the seat across from him.

"Well you better get ready!" I snapped crossing my arms over my chest. "Now!"

I needed to know what Darwin did for a living before he killed hisself and about Michaels past.

"O-okay." He breathed deeply before looking up at me as I sat up more nodding my head.

"Michael and I were in this uh um sugar house. Well that's what they called it back then before we escaped together." He smiled small before continuing. "Men would pay thousands to have just a night with Michael and I until one night we finally decided enough was enough and packed our shit while the men were sleep."

"Both of us fled from our old hometown and to a small town which is here. Columbia." Ayleo gestured to his house. "Michael better known as Ricardo changed his whole appearance while me on the other hand kept the same lo-"

"Not to be rude or anything but that was stupid as hell." I said cutting him off. "Continue though."

"Yes I know." Ayleo frowned before playing with his fingers. "Your dad use to be one of the many men who owned the sugar house and many other boys including Michael and I."

I shook my head holding up my hand stopping him from talking.

"Hold up." I paused. "So Darwin was like a pimp or something?"

"Something like that." Ayleo laughed. "In exchange for our freedom Micheal had to marry Darwin since he kept our secret safe. At first Michael was against the idea of marrying Darwin but I told him to go for it." He shrugged while I discreetly rolled my eyes.

"And look where that got him six feet under." I mumbled under my breath. "Thanks a fucking lot."

"Your dad forced Michael to marry him when he saw you two on the cameras at the old house fucking in your room."

My eyes slightly widened as I gasped lowly under my breath. We had cameras in the house!

"Yes he did. Darwin kept them on twenty four seven to watch Michaels every move to make sure he doesn't leave him again."

"Can I ask you a few questions?" I asked now sitting on the edge of the couch resting my elbows on my knees.

"Sure."

"Why did I see you and Darwin fucking one day when I came home?"

Ayleo's face became stone cold at my question and he took a little minute to respond.

"Darwin raped me. He told me to act like I was moaning but in reality I was crying the whole time." Ayleo admitted as I frowned deeply before asking my next question.

"Did Michael ever love Darwin?" I asked now laying my arms in my lap.

"No." Ayleo laughed softly. "He loved you."

My heart fluttered slightly as I tried to fight the smile off my face.

"Me?"

"Yes." Ayleo nodded. "He told me he was trying to help you with some stuff."

"Help me with what?" I asked scrunching up my face.

"To help you get rid of that attitude." Ayleo smiled.

•••••••••••••••••••

I'm like half sleep writing this shit so ignore any errors😂

2/22/18