23.

23.

Alvar's mouth was sewed shut and the Gryphons mind was silent as we began our long journey to the human world. That was the only information Alvar had spat out after a few minutes of my annoying persistence. I knew then that we were obeying the command of The Anima to find a portal in the human world to the Shadow Plane, or at least that Alvar was obeying. I continued to shoot Beast inquisitive looks, wondering when he would open his mind once more and tell me his suspicions regarding the entire plan. But he still remained silent, and was adamant about it.

It was only Lucius who blubbered on continuously about absolutely everything and absolutely nothing at all. It was a gift of his to turn some of the most intriguing subjects into a dreaded Lea tire about the irrelevance of it all in the grander scheme of things.

I grew sick of the low hum of his voice and began to play a little game with myself. I knew Alvar had a cut on his right side from the Leafy attack as he cradled his side each time he took a large stride forwards. I reached out with my mind and saw the wound, a ghastly thing on the boarder of infection. I wondered why he didn't just get Lucius to mix up his herbal remedy, but it appeared that neither of the men had their belongs with them, having lost those things in the attack.

So, to entertain myself, I began to slowly sew the skin together with my mind. I still was unsure of how exactly it worked, but I was not afraid of it anymore and wanted to put it to use. But I was more careful this time, and really focused on reducing the scar tissue and inflammation before I sewed the skin over completely. I pictured the fibres reaching out to one another like threads and noted them together softly. It was a slow process, and somewhere along the line Beast had picked up on what I was doing. Lucius was still talking, but I had drowned it out as we got closer to the boarder to the human world.

When the final fibre was knotted and I my mind exited Alvar's body, his head jerked up and he whirled around to face me. I grinned at him sheepishly as he scoffed in amazement and lifted up his shirt. There was no redness, no scarring, no wound, only a sculpted stomach. His eyes met mine, and a wide smile stretched across his cheeks, pushing dimples into his cheeks. He combed his black hair back with his hand, the scar on his brow flashing silver.

Suddenly, it felt like the wind was knocked out of me and my legs gave way beneath me. Alvar caught me before I hit the ground and swiftly scooped me up into his arms.

"Sorry." I mumbled and then bit my lip, forgetting the Fae rules.

"Shh." Alvar whispered into my ear and ran a soft hand through my hair. "Silly girl, you've exhausted yourself."

I smiled as he scolded me, completely amused by the surge of worry in his voice.

"I fixed you." I laughed, my head rolling to the side as all the energy wasted from
my body. It was both disbelief and a sigh of confidence that left my body as my eyes squeezed shut and fell into a deep sleep.

The sun was high and beating down upon my face when I woke, signalling the many hours that had passed while I lay recuperating from the energy I had expended healing Alvar's wound. I lay on Beasts back, his feathers soft against my face, as he walked through the plush forest.

"Good afternoon, little one." Beast called into my mind as I stirred, "Perfect timing. We are here."

The image of human civilisation came into view and I rolled of the creatures back in excitement, lading with a heavy thud on the ground. Alvar and Lucius whirled around, both with amused smiled upon their faces as I dusted off my dress and stood with a grin.

"So, how are we going to do this?"

I asked, staring down at their peculiar clothing and the gigantic form of the Gryphon.