30.

30.

I had fallen asleep again, because the next time my eyes opened the room was bright; sun pouring through the small window high above the bed. I sat up and found Alvar gone, the sheets cold beside me. Smiling, I found a neatly folded pile of clothes at the end of the bed and a strange looking fruit. I slid the clothes on; a black long sleave and long black pants, and threw my new biker jacket over the top. It took me five minutes to get all my weapons together in the right places, but the smile did not fall from my mouth. Although I was hungry, I still felt more energised than ever before and the extra weight brought by the horns didn't seem to have an effect.

Plucking the spiky pink fruit from the bed that resembled the shape of a banana, I wondered if the alien food would have any effect on me now that I had absorbed most of The Anima's power. I decided I would heal if it brought me any issues and began to peel it. The inside was blue and fluffy and tasted like pomegranate and apple juice. Moaning into the fruit, I went in search for another; pulling open the door of the bedroom. Immediately, I was lost. The hallways were filled with the same blackness as before and it was impossible to tell which way would lead me down to the throne room. Just as I was about to give up, I realised there was something I needed to try. Breathing deep, I opened my mind.

It was like unlocking a door with a brand new key; something inside me just clicked. As soon as it was open, the door to my powers, I knew exactly where to go. My body had already made a map of the entire building, and knew which hallways led where, which rooms held who. There was a red dot high up in the castle; my other half was eating breakfast in the company of her hound. Alvar and Lucius were down in the throne room, discussing the current predicament we were stuck in. Lucy was with other creatures, including her own kind, somewhere high in the tower. And I didn't need my new abilities to know Beast flew above the city capital, scouting for his food. To him I sent an image of my horns and shattering the mirror. Feeing him laugh suddenly, he sent back an image of The Anima's horns and a knowing thought of how much I had absorbed.

"Should we test them out later?"I asked him as I headed down a flight of stairs approaching the throne room.

"I believe Ly has already organised a space for you to train them up before you two are linked." He grumbled, feeling like his duties were somehow being taken away from him.

"Don't worry," I laughed through our bond, "there are some things we must work out together, some things even she can't explain."

I felt him nod as we both retreat into our own thoughts, thinking of the ways our bond may have changed.

I drifted through the halls, automatically turning this way and that way until I had reached my destination. There was no glass wall between the throne room and the main room anymore; the threat averted of the two First Plane Fae. Sitting on the chairs of one of the many tables now propped around the throne, Alvar and Lucius were locked in conversation. When my feet made a light patter on the ground, both men shot up in their seats.

"Nice to see you, Horney." Lucius grinned, wagging his eyebrows at me.

"Call me that again and I'll gladly gut you with these horns, Lucius." I flashed my teeth at him and he flinched.

I snickered under my breath, enjoying feeling a slight pitch of fear and concern in his emotions before they disappeared again. Suddenly, I grinned, realising I could feel his emotions without his consent. Without thinking it over, I pushed a small amount of my power towards Lucius, attempting to reach a direct mental link with him. Instead, the faerie suddenly flew backwards, crashing over the table before toppling to the ground.

My hand shot over my mouth as I stared in horror. Alvar began to laugh, leaving Lucius to get up on his own.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know I could do that." I stammered, trying to fight the tiny smile growing on my lips as Alvar continued to laugh.