Escape

Nightfall finally came. Kion and Fuli woke up at sunset and watch the hyenas and Tiffu settle down for the night except for Cheezi and Chungu. Kion and Fuli pretend to be asleep until it is very late.
"Hey guys, could I please have some water. I'm dying." Yawns Kion pretending he is desperate.
Cheezi and Chungu look at each.
"Should we?" Asks Cheezi turning Chungu.
"Hmm, ok." Replies Chungu.
Cheezi leaves to get some water for Kion but it wasn't long until he got back.
"Here it is." He says.
Kion drinks the entire turtle shell and licks his lips.
"Thank you." He says.
Kion pretends to fall asleep again but wakes up again to hear Cheezi and Chungu arguing.
"I'm so tired, I want to go to sleep." Moans Chungu.
"This is all your fault! If we had followed Janja's orders EXACTLY as he said we wouldn't be in this mess!" Replies Cheezi.
"Oh so it's MY fault!" Snaps Chungu.
"Boys, boys, boys, I'm trying to sleep here!" Yawns Fuli.
"At least you get SOME sleep." Snaps Cheezi.
"Would you like me to sing you a song?" Says Fuli sweetly.
Cheezi and Chungu nod.

'How can we rewrite the stars?
And say you were meant to be mine?
And nothing can keep us apart
Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Taking the world to be ours'

Fuli sings so sweetly that Cheezi and Chungu fall asleep almost instantly. Fuli smiles and a tear falls down her cheek.
"Are you ok, Fuli?" Whispers Kion.
Fuli spins around and wipes the tear away. "Yeah, it's just a song my mum sang to me when I was little. She told me my dad made it up when they met...but he died when I was so young so I don't really remember him. My mum told me he liked to sing. It's probably the only thing left I have of them."
Kion smiles sadly. "He sounds like a loving father."
Fuli nods "I think it's time to go."
She tries to stand but falls. Kion catches her she doesn't wake anyone up. He helps Fuli onto his back and they sneak out of the cave.

"We've been here before." Whispers Fuli.
"You're right" replies Kion looking at the area around them.
"We don't have time. We need to get back to the Pridelands" says Fuli.
Kion nods and Fuli slightly tightens her grip around Kion's neck. Kion breaks into a run and makes his way towards Jasiri's territory. About half way on their journey, Kion notices Fuli's breathing rate has increased.
"You ok?" He asks.
"It hurts." Fuli says.
"We're almost at Jasiri's territory. Just hang on."
Fuli nods and Kion continues making his way to Jasiri's.

"Kion, what are you doing here?!" Asks Jasiri.
Kion collapses from exhaustion.
"Tiffu betrayed the PrideLands, she, Janja and his pack tricked us and kidnapped us, they torchored us, Fuli's injured and we're trying to get back home." Explains Kion.
"You can rest up in the den. I'll take you there." Says Jasiri.
"Thank you" replies Kion.

Jasiri takes Kion and Fuli to her den. It's almost sunrise but she wakes up Madoa anyway.
"Jasiri? What's going on?" She asks.
Jasiri explains everything. Madoa nods and helps set Fuli down.
"I'll be back with some water" says Jasiri as she leaves the den.
Kion looks at Fuli, she's getting worse. Jasiri returns with a leaf that holds the water. Kion and Fuli drink until the leaf is empty.
"We need to get back" whispers Fuli.
She tries to stand but falls. Kion catches her and lowers her to the ground.
"You need to rest." He pushes.
"I'll go and get Bunga, Beshte and Ono." Says Madoa.
Kion looks at her "But you're not allowed in the Pridelands."
"Did that stop me when Jasiri and the cubs were in danger?" She snaps.
"Are you sure?" Asks Kion.
Madoa nods "I'll be back soon."
Madoa leaves the den as fast as she can. Kion couldn't help but take a nap after the exhausting journey.
'I hope Madoa gets back soon, I don't know how much more Fuli can take. I hope she'll be ok.'