Chapter 8.

RICHIES POV
It was the day of my surgery and boy was I freaking out. It had been I while since I had seen Eddie. I wanted him here so he could comfort me but I wasn't allowed to have visitors today. "Richie,you ready?" The doctor came in and asked. "Yes." I said nervously. They rolled me out of my room and prepared me for the surgery.The medicine was kicking in and as the doctor was talking to me I passed out.
When I woke up my stomach was sore. I was in so much pain. All I wanted was to see him. It bothered me the whole day. I wondered how he was doing considering yesterday. He seemed so heartbroken when I told him. I really didn't care about my self right now. I felt terrible for him. I mean the sheets were practically wet from his tears. I asked my mom if she could call my friends and let them know I had my surgery. I gave her their numbers and she called them. "Hi this is Richies mom,I wanted to let you know that Richie is out of his surgery and he is allowed to have visitors tomorrow." She told everyone except Eddie. I don't give her his number. Not yet
I wanted to wait. I didn't know how to tell him. Knowing how hurt he was,he was probably gonna cry more and I hated it. I had waited and finally told my mom what to say.
("Hello?" My mom asked. "What?" It was his mom. Great. "Is Eddie there?" Why?" "I need to tell him some news." My mom tried to say it nicely but you could tell she was getting annoyed. "Who is this anyways?" "Oh I'm so sorry this is Richies mom." "Oh this must be about Richie, let me get Eddie." "Hello?" "Hi Eddie this is Richies mom." "Oh h-hi." "Hi sweetie. Um first I want to thank you for always being with Richie and everything you've done for him." "Your welcome." "I know Richie told you about..you know. And he had it removed today an-." "Oh my gosh does this mean he doesn't have cancer when can I see him?!" "Calm down sweetie." She said with a little giggle. "It's most likely he is and he can't have visitors today but he can tomorrow so if you can you can come. He needs you right now anyways. I can just tell." "Thank you so much! And I'm sorry for any trouble if I ever caused any!" "No your ok." She giggled.)
To pass time I went to sleep but the doctor came in. "Hey Richie, how ya feeling?" He asked. "Okay just a little pain sometimes." I replied.
From the corner of my eye,I could see my mom looking at the doctor. I could tell she thought he was cute. She sat there looking at him and twirling her hair. The doctor was done talking to me and my mom started flirting.
"Thank you so much, we both really appreciate everything." She said with her hand on his shoulder smiling. Oh my god. I thought to my self I sat there with my hand on my forehead looking down. I could see why my mom thought he was cute,I mean he was young and had bold blue eyes and long eyelashes. But that's not the point. I looked at her with a smirk. "What?" She asked with a smile. I let out a little laugh. It kind of hurt.
I went back to sleep and hoped I wouldn't be disturbed.

EDDIES POV
Last night I passed out. Crying sure does make you sleepy. I sat there in my bed. I didn't want to get up from my bed.
The whole time Richie was on my mind. He was so ready to get out of that stupid place and now he's there longer.
I felt a tear run down my face. I lay on my side just thinking. As I sat there I noticed something on my window. It said "LOSER". This day had been *SO* good.
I sat there crying more. "Eddie?"My mom called me. I got up and went to her. "Yes?" I said sniffling. "Someone wants to talk to you." She said smiling. 'Was it Richie?!' I thought to my self. "Hello?" I asked. She called to tel me Richie had surgery. I was teary eyed but super happy that he would be ok! I ran to my mom crying tears of happiness. "What happened sweetie?" She asked. "Mom,he's going to be ok!" I replied hugging her with tears coming down. "Can I please see him tomorrow. I just want to see how he's feeling.?" I begged her. "Yes you can." She smiled down at me.
I hugged her even tighter still crying.

(THE NEXT DAY)
RICHIES POV
I had waken up to the brightness of the sun in my room. "Mom?" I asked . Where the hell did she go. "Hey Rich." She came in smiling. "I uh got you some fruit if you want any." She offered. It looked good but I wasn't to hungry. "I'm okay." I told her. "But can you save some if I do get hungry please?" I asked. "Sure,if I don't eat it all." She teased. Me and my mom have been getting along really good lately.
*KNOCK KNOCK*
My doctor came in. And again, I saw my mom just looking at him. "Hey kiddo how you doing?" He asked. "Pretty good." I said. "Do you still feel some pain?" He asked. Well duh dipshit. I thought to my self. "Yes sir." I said nicely.  "Ok well I'm going to give you some pain medication. Take two capsules every 8 hours." He informed us.
"Oh and it's side effects can be a little scary but we can put it under control." He said. "What are they?" My mom asked concerned. "Well like most medications there are hallucinations. And also not wanting to eat." He told her. I wasn't eating a lot anyways though. I thought to my self.
"Go ahead and take two of these right now. You'll feel better." He told me. I absolutely hated taking pills. I freak out whenever I do. "I'll get you some water sweetie." My mom said. "Ok." I hesitated taking them but I did it. I was getting a little sleepy again so I crashed.

EDDIES POV
I got up this morning feeling better than yesterday. I woke up to the smell of breakfast being cooked. I took a whiff of it and smelled toast,waffles, and eggs. I walked to the kitchen and looked at my mom.
"Morning Eddie." She said with a smile. "W-what's this?" I asked. "Well I just did it for the heck of it,no real reason." She replied. Hmm, odd. I thought. We sat there and ate. It was really good. Who knew my mom could cook? I was almost done when she asked. "Are you planning to see Richie today?"
"Can I." I asked. "Yes you can." She smiled. I was so glad my mom and I had been getting along so well lately. We used to have the worst relationship and I never want to go back to that. "I'm gonna wash the dishes okay." She took my plate and I walked to my room. I called Richies mom to ask what time I could go see Richie.
I waited about two hours and started getting dressed. "Bye mom,see you later." "Oh-bye honey." I walked out the door and started walking. "Shit." I whispered under my breath. I was getting a headache and I didn't have my fanny pack. Hopefully it'll get better. I got to the hospital and went to his room. I knocked before I went in. "Come in." I heard a soft voice tell me.
"Hi Eddie." She said with a smile. "He fell asleep but he should be up soon." She softly said. I nodded at her her with a small smile. "Has he been sleeping a lot lately?" "Yeah I think it's his pain medication he's on." She gave a weak smile. "Oh". I said. We heard a little grain from Richie. We sat up and waited a little. His mom got up and walked to him and brushed her fingers through his hair. "Hey how ya doing sweetie?" She asked softly. "Good." He replied. "You have a visitor." She pointed to me. I could tell he wanted to jump out of that bed but he couldn't. He motioned me to come to him. We hugged for a while. "I will give y'all some privacy. I'm going to go find a decent meal somewhere." His mom said and left.
"Bye." We both said together. "So how they treating you." I asked him smiling. "Pretty good." He replied. "They have me on some pain medicine and they make me sleepy and lose my appetite." He said. I was rubbing my head a little. It was hurting again. "Are you ok." Richie asked me. "Yeah just a headache." I replied.
"Hey I'm gonna take a little cat nap for a few minutes. Maybe it'll go away." I said. "Okay." He said. I went to the recliner by the window and went to sleep. I was out within the second. 'I woke up to the sound of rapid beeps. I looked over. Richie was having a seizure! "Shit." I didn't know what to do. I hit the button that called the nurse and hoped they would get here fast! The door opened and the 'Beeeeeep.' The line went flat. Richie was dead. "Nooo!!" I yelled crying. I was ponding my fists in the bed. "No no no!" I sat there balling my eyes out. The doctor pulled me away but I was trying to get out of his grip. He pulled me in a hug as they carried his lifeless body away. I stood there hugging the doctor crying so hard I couldn't breath. He was gone and I didn't even get to say bye.Noo!" I yelled wanting to punch the wall so freaking hard.'

Sorry about this. And also I haven't been updating quick like I said I would try to do. Hopefully you liked this. I might make this story be at least 10 chapters long. But hope you enjoyed this emotional chapter.- Bethany💓