14

Demi

A few days later I woke up screaming. I had been plagued with nightmares for the past few days but this was the first time it had woken Wilmer up across the hall. I sat up in bed gasping for air, and a few moments later I heard the door open in the darkness.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said, but once he turned on the lamp the tear tracks on my cheek revealed my lie.

"No you're not." He climbed up on the bed and put his hand on my back. "What happened?"

"Nothing, it was just a nightmare." I shook my head and sighed. "It's not a big deal, really."

"Yes it is." Wilmer pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead. "You want to talk about it?"

"Not right now." I sighed and shook my head. "I just want to go to bed."

"Alright." He moved away from me and smiled. "I'll let you sleep."

"Can you stay?" I caught his arm and moved closer. "I don't want to sleep alone."

"Are you sure?" Wilmer raised his eyebrows and I could see the hesitation.

"I'm sure." I pulled myself up to his face and kissed him softly. His hands spread over my thighs and I laid back, taking him with me so his body covered mine. Wilmer's mouth wasn't hungry against mine like it normally was. Instead he kept the kiss innocent, barely responding as I brushed my tongue along his lower lip. The rejection stung a bit, and I recoiled, breaking away from him and leaning back. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?" He raised his eyebrows. "Nothing."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong." Wilmer touched his lips to my forehead. "Look it's late and-"

"I'm not tired." I murmured, and ran my hand through his hair. "I've been reading online blogs about being pregnant. It says that right about now is usually the time pregnant women get... cravings."

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to get you something?"

"I'm not talking about food." I said softly, and slid my hand into his hair.

"Demi... I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I leaned my forehead against his and this time my free hand wandered South, feeling down his abdomen until I reached the waistband of his boxers.

"I just don't know if it's the best idea right now."

"Listen." I slid my hand under the fabric and gripped him, inciting a small gasp from him. "You went and got me pregnant, and now I'm horny because of it."

"Baby." He closed his eyes for a moment when I didn't move my hand. "I'm just saying, you were just saying how we need to work on things. I don't know if you're in the right state of mind right now."

"I never said anything about not having sex." I breathed, and lightly kissed his neck. "Are you going to make me beg?"

"No." He pulled away and lightly tugged my hand out of his boxers. "Demi I think we should talk about this tomorrow."

"Is it because I'm pregnant?" I finally voiced the doubt that had been lingering in my mind. "You don't want me anymore because I'm fat now?"

"You're not fat." He kissed my forehead but the gesture seemed patronizing snd only fueled my anger. "I'm saying-"

"Because it's pretty fucking shitty you know, that I spent months thinking we were getting divorce and now we're not and you won't even kiss me like you used to. I'm pregnant, and you're acting like I'm some girl you knocked up and don't want to be hitched to."