Chapter 10

Tris's POV

  I lean on the door grinning as I watch Tobias strum some chords on his guitar and write it down on a notepad. He still doesn't know I'm here so I knock on the wall of his room and his head snaps up.

  "Oh hey Tris." He says while smiling when he sees me. I chuckle and sit on the edge of his bed and give him a kiss.

  "You working on a song?" I ask him. 

   "Actually no I am making cheese." He jokes. I roll my eyes at his sarcasm and playfully shove him.

  "Can I hear what you have done so far?" I ask

   He raises his eyebrows,"What the cheese?"

  I chuckle,"No the song you ding dong."

 He smiles and kisses me,"Fine, but only beacuse it is you." He positions himself with the guitar in his hands. He starts strumming a little. sit and admire him while he does so. He makes his songs seem so real. Using both his voice and his facial espressions. He is in his own little world.

This is a story that I have never told

I gotta get this off my chest to let it go

I need to take back the light inside you stole

You're a criminal

And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth

I wear like a battle wound

So ashamed, so confused

I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior

Now I've got thicker skin

I'm a warrior

I'm stronger than I've ever been

And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in

I'm a warrior

And you can never hurt me again

  "Well that's all I have so far." He says stopping leaving me wanting to hear more.

  "Your amazing Tobias. I'm sure everyone will love this song." I say.

  He shakes his head,"I don't think I will show this one to the public."

  I nod knowingly,"Whatever you decide the song is still perfect. Just like you."

  He smiles and kisses me. He pulls away but stays close to my face,"I love you."

  I return the smile,"I love you too." He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

  After a couple of minutes staying in that position in a comfortable silence Tobias speaks up,"If you are here where is Mason?"

  I look up to meet his eyes,"I left him downstairs. The guys are watching him."

  Tobias raises his eyebrows and leans back so he can see me better,"You left him alone. With Will, Uriah, and Zeke?"

  I nod slowly,"Yeah, why?"

  "Do you really think that is a good idea?" He asks.

  "Yeah, I mean what is the worst that-"