Chapter 22

Tris's POV

"We're here!" I shout as we burst through the doors. In the room is Tyler, Evelyn. Marcus *cue disgust in my voice*, Amar, Tori, and the rest of our group.

"What happened to you two?" Tori asks.

"These two idiots happened." Shauna comments when Zeke and Tobias stumble into the room while singing the ABC's.

"ABCDPST." Zeke slurs.

"No no no you're singing it wrong." Tobias slurs,"It's ABCDWQT."

"Are they drunk!?" Evelyn asks atonished. Everyone from our group start craking up while the rest of the people at the table stare at them like they are insane. Although I can see Tori and Amar are trying their best not to laugh. I've always liked them.

I nod,"Yep. I guess their defintion of a 'guy's night' is to go and get drunk." I say.

"Trissy." Tobias wines pulling on my arm.

"I told you to stop calling me that, and what do you want?" I ask.

"This wasn't my idea. Zekie is a meanie and forced me to drink." He slurs while swaying back in forth. I roll my eyes and lead him to an empty chair and sit next to him. Shauna does the same and Zeke sits on the left side of Tobias.

"I think we need to adress the elephant in the room." Tyler states.

"There's an elephant in the room? I don't see one." Zeke says suddenly.

"Yeah the closet one to an elephant is him." Tobias slurs pointing to Marcus. Our entire group bursts out to a fit of laughter. Even Tori and Amar are laughing. Marcus jus sits there glaring at him and Evelyn looks appalled. Tyler, well I don't know what's going through his mind. He's just sitting there emotionless.

"Tobias." I say through laughs,"Why don't you just stay quiet for now, ok?" He pouts but thankfully shuts up and so does Zeke.

"Anyways as I was saying it seems like Marcus has delivered some helpful information. We decided you should here this considering your helping with the attack against the rebels. Apparently they have moved the attack to Sunday." Tyler says.

"That's in two days." Will says,"How are we going to get prepared in so little time?"

"Yeah and how do we know Marcus isn't lying? I mean aren't you at least a little suspicious that he is still on their side and is just trying to fool us?" I ask like it's obvious.

"Know why would I do that? I mean if I really was on their side and I knew where your compound is, don't you think we would issue an attack on you? I'm against the rebels just as much as you are." He says calmly.

"And how do we know you aren't lying? I mean that is what you are best at. How are we so sure that we can trust you?" I question.

"You don't have to trust me. You just have to believe me. I mean that is if you want your parents to stay alive." He states simply.

My eyes widen and I sit up straighter,"What happened to my parents?"

"Nothing, yet. If we don't take down the rebels they are going to destroy all of the goverment officials. Maybe now it will make more sense on why I'm on your side. The government is fine just the way it is." He says.

I nod hesitantly and lean back in my chair. There is no way I can ever trust him, but I do believe him and I'm sure everyone else in this room does as well. I know sober Tobias, though will think differently.

"Tomorrow will be a day to rest up and relax before the attack. On Sunday morning everyone in the compound will meet in the pit then talk strategies. Mosrt likely the eight of you will lead a group into the building and take down the rebels." Amar says.