Chapter 26

Tobias's POV

   "No, no, no." I keep on mutter under my breath hoping this is all a dream. Then it hits me, this is reality.

     "Hannah!" I exclaim and run over to her lifeless body. I kneel down and lay her in my lap and see the bullet hit right through her heart.

    "Come on Han, wake up," I beg,"Please." Suddenly blood starts to drip from her nose making all of the life leave my body. My breathing becomes rigid then a sob escapes my mouth.

   "We need a doctor!" I exclaim.

     "Marlene is already on it." Shauna answers softly.

      "Come on Hannah stay with me." I whisper to my sister's body that was once filled with so much life,"Please don't do this to me." Footsteps then come pounding down the stairs and Marlene followed by a doctor appears. The doctor rushes towards Hannah and starts checking her pulse, heartbeat, and breathing After a couple of minutes he looks up at me with a sad look.

    "What happened to your face? You might want us to fix it up for you.' He tells me. 

     "I don't care about my face." I say hashly,"I care about my sister, is she going to be ok?"

   He stands up slowly,"I'm sorry, but it seems like she's already gone." And with that he walks away. I sit there breathing heavily and staring off into space. A small hand is placed on my shoulder bringing me beack to reality. I look and see Tris kneeling next to me with a sad look on her face. That's when I lose it. The sobs take over as I fall into Tris's arms. I feel her let out a shaky breath then wrap her arms around me. 

  Tris's POV

     As we walk down the compound halls none of us say a word. Tobias is to the right of me and is completly emotionless, but his eyes are filled with so much pain. So much that I am scared he will just break down any second now. 

   We decided maybe it will help Tobias more if we left the compound and went back to our real home. So we just finished packing and we are going to get Mason from Tori. Tobias hasn't uttered a word since after his break down and it pains me to see him like this, it really does. I also can't help but feel like this is all my fault. I shouldn't have let her come with us.

  "Hey guys. Why the long faces? It looks like you just saw someone die." Tori jokes when she answers the door. I hush her and push her into the room.

  "What?" She asks confused,"Was it something I said."

   "Uh yeah it was something you said," I state the obvious,"Tobias's sister just died literally an hour and a half ago." Tori's eyes widen and she let's out a gasp.

   "By who?"

    "Tyler, the same guy who kidnapped Tobias." I answer,"And that's why we are going home."

   She nods and hands me Mason who greet me with a tight hug,"Alright, here's Mason. I wish all the luck to you all."

   I hug her,"Thank you." When Mason sees Tobias after we walk out of the apartment his eyes light up and literally jump into his arms.

   "Hi daddy!" Mason exclaims.

   "Hi buddy." Tobias greets hoarsly trying to act happy, but there is just so much pain it's not really working. 

    "Come on, let's go home." I say softly. 

    On the ride home there was some small talk, but nothing like our normal conversations. There were no stupid yet halarious moments from the Pedrad brothers, no squeals from Christina, no stupidity from Marlene, and no know it all from Will. No one bothers to tell him about how 'it will all get better' or 'she's in a better place' we just stay quiet giving him some time to mourn for his sister.