Chapter 10

Ross stopped the motorcycle. "Here we are."

I opened my eyes. It was...the beach. "The beach? That's the romantic getaway?"

Ross carried me down and shrugged. "Poor man's paradise," he laughed.

Ross got a blanket out of his backpack and laid it down on the sand. "I'm going to teach you how to surf."

I looked around. "But there's no surfboard."

Ross smiled. "Yes there is." He walked over to a tidal pool and reached inside it. He pulled out a pink surfboard. "I always come here and surf at night."

I nodded. "Okay...but I didn't bring a swimsuit." I started to walk back to the motorcycle.

Ross tugged me back. "Just take off your dress. No one's here."

I immediately turned pink. "You mean just swim in my bra and underwear? Nah pass." I started to walk back again.

"Come on!" Ross pulled me back. "You girls wear thong bikinis. What is wrong with your undergarments? They even cover up more than those micro-bikinis."

I thought back to the time I went with Rydel to shop for swimsuits. "That's what I said!"

Ross tapped his foot impatiently. "Well?"

I sighed and slipped out of my dress. Ross gave me a thumbs up and took off his shirt and shorts until he was in his SpongeBob underwear.

"SpongeBob?" I eyed him. 

He shrugged and pushed me into the water. I yelped as I felt the cold blast of water against my skin.

I swam for the top and pulled him in. We splashed around for a bit until Ross walked out of the water to get the surfboard.

Once I was lying down on the board, Ross showed me how to move my hand to paddle. Then I was supposed to kneel. When I got to my first wave, I was to stand up.

"Got it?" Ross asked. I nodded.

I began paddling into the water. As soon as I got the hang of it, I shifted to the kneel position. As I saw a baby wave, I stood up. I surfed gracefully over the wave.

Ross yelled from the shore. "You're a natural!"

I smiled. "Thanks!" Then, I was wiped out by a wave.

Ross laughed. "I take it back!"

After a few hours, Ross and I waded into the tidal pool. "Thanks," I said.

"For what?" Ross was busy picking the shell of a hermit crab.

"This," I replied. Ross put down the crab and pulled me into a gentle emebrace. I flushed as soon as my bare skin touched his. "You're welcome." Ross kissed my wet hair.

After a few minutes, we climbed out. I put on my sundress and started shivering. Ross noticed and took off his hoodie. I took it gratefully and slipped it over my head, taking in the scents of his cologne.

As we pulled in, Ross silenced me. "Be quiet," he warned. I nodded.

Ross skipped over to the door, he opened it just big enough for us to get in, then closed it. As we walked down the hallway, Ross stopped and turned to face me. He leaned in closer and closer.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the kiss. Instead of his full lips, I felt his cool finger brush against my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw a grinning Ross. "Eyelash," he told me, showing me the curly hair. "Make a wish."

I smiled and blew away the eyelash. "I wish for you."

Ross chuckled. "Your wish came true."

As he leaned in to kiss me, a light came on.

"What do you think you're doing?"