10| THE WHITE WITCH

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

The White Witch

ANNABELL

I WAS woken up earlier than the others by Limerion lightly shaking my shoulders before whispering into my ear. "Time to get up, your majesty."

I yawned as I sat up on the bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes before looking up at Limerion in confusion. "Why?" I asked her, yawning mid-way through my question.

"For training," Was all she said before exiting my tent.

My bare legs swung over to the floor where I felt a slight chill run up my legs from the cold ground. I reached over to the chair that was beside the bed and I grabbed my leather trousers that were thrown over the chair. I quickly placed them on my bare legs before grabbing my boots and placing them over my bare feet and trousers. My dagger was hidden inside my boots and I stood up from the bed.

I grabbed my swords and strapped them across my chest before walking out of the tent. Limerion smiled when she saw me before leading me towards an open field. She drew her sword from the side of her hip and held it out in front of her. She signalled for me to draw my swords and I reached my arms back and grabbed the hilts. I pulled them out of their sheaths and twirled them, showcasing a skill I only learnt yesterday. I fell into a battle stance with slightly bent knees with my weight on my back leg. I held one sword out in front of me while the other was held above my head.

I smirked towards the centauress, allowing her to attack first which she did as she swung her sword down towards my head. I brought my swords into an x-shape to block her blade before pushing against it. These actions continued between both of us as when one would attack, the other would block and push back. Our fight finished with me twirling Limerion's sword several times causing her grip on her sword to loosen and her sword to fly out of her hand and onto the ground.

Limerion looked down at her sword in shock as I smiled with excitement. "You're a natural," Limerion informed me as she bowed.

I opened my mouth to say my thanks but was stopped by Limerion's face when her eyes met something that was behind me. My body turned around to see Aslan on the hill above us with Edmund standing in front of him.

I looked over to see the other Pevensies looking up at their brother. "Edmund!" Lucy called out to him as she ran towards him but was stopped by Peter.

Lucy's voice caused Aslan and Edmund to turn their heads to look at them. I walked over to them as Aslan and Edmund walked down from the hill. They stood in front of the group and as I stood beside Susan, I noticed Edmund wasn't looking at his siblings but at his feet. "What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past," Aslan told us before walking off, leaving us alone.